I forgot that we had a tech talk section on the board [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I forgot that we had a tech talk section on the board

blackopsglock
01-20-2005, 22:44
Pardon me if this gets double posted.Mods feel free to deleate the first one.

I just ordered a HP pavilion ze4904 that should be here in a few days.Got a heck of a deal on it.For 3 days only Office Depot is running a sale on what they call thier KIosk program.Go in order it and they give you a $330.46 rebate by mail.

Computer wound up costing me $615 bucks.

Here is what I got.
Intel celeron m350
Windows XP of course
Intel extreme graphics 54g 802.11 wireless connection
15.tft xga
512 sdram
40 gb hd
dvd/cd-rw combo drive
6 cell ion battery

Anyways back to my question.I want to get a extra battery for it.Is there a place on line that sells them cheaper than dirt?

AND

ARe the ION batteries the kind that you don't have to worry about the memory in them??I always get confused on that point.Some batteries you have to discharge all the way before you can charge them and others you don't.

This computer is by far not the fastest or best on the planet but it beats my old CTX 700 by a long shot.

blackopsglock
01-21-2005, 06:39
ANYONE?Bueler?

David_G17
01-21-2005, 08:33
Originally posted by blackopsglock

ARe the ION batteries the kind that you don't have to worry about the memory in them??I always get confused on that point.Some batteries you have to discharge all the way before you can charge them and others you don't.

i can't remember the names of the types of batteries, but they haven't made the kind which must be drained for laptops in many years.

Texas T
01-21-2005, 08:48
Yes, the lithium-ion batteries do not maintain a memory but you should charge it up initially and then fully drain it when you get it.

From that point on you can set it to charge anytime you want. Bear in mind that ALL batteries will wear out at some point and need to be replaced.

bobby_w
01-21-2005, 10:43
And the replacement one can be had for $79-105 dollars depending on the capacity you want.

Just Google the part number with the word battery in the search. I found a ton of them listed for your notebook.

>>> HP pavilion ze4904 battery Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-22%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=HP+pavilion+ze4904+battery&btnG=Search)

SamBuca
01-21-2005, 20:27
The old school NiCad batteries got a memory because crystals would form on the nodes.

The newer batteries should NEVER be fully drained as you can damage them. Only drain them to the point where the device shuts off by itself.

You need to do a drain/fully charge cycle when the battery meter gets out of whack...that retains a memory after a while.

Heat is the enemy. Keep the battery cool. I left my laptop on 24/7 and it only took a few weeks until the battery completely died (after about 12 mins the laptop shuts off).