Combining Forums? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Combining Forums?

45acp4me
01-22-2005, 00:55
Would you guys mind if we turned this into a dual Bike/Car forum or anything with a motor? They are trying to get a car forum going and it would be nice to cut down on the number of forums on GT because it's getting to be a pain to navagate.

Thanks!
Glen

chevrofreak
01-22-2005, 03:54
Yeah I wondered why it wasnt just an automotive forum from the beginning.

Texas T
01-22-2005, 04:52
As long as it doesn't turn into a "ricer v chevy/ford/mopar" type place I think it's fine.

norton
01-22-2005, 08:05
Works for me

45acp4me
01-22-2005, 13:27
Thanks for the backup guys! Is anyone elase in?

Thanks!
Glen

xrated
01-23-2005, 07:39
Personally, I'd like to keep the motorcycle related stuff separate from car stuff. Just MHO, but hey, you ask!

bdhawk
01-23-2005, 09:55
i am with xrated. i would like to keep it motorcyle. i can just see it....a thread on someone putting nitrous in a KIA or a 50000 watt sound system in a yugo or someone slamming their hummer in the weeds.

alfair
01-23-2005, 10:16
Originally posted by xrated
Personally, I'd like to keep the motorcycle related stuff separate from car stuff. Just MHO, but hey, you ask!

I agree too, I don't care to go thru auto threads to read the motorcycle threads...

Patricia
01-23-2005, 10:38
I had another request from someone to change a club recently (not this one) and I'll tell you what I told him. It is not fair to the people who voted to create this club to change it now.

WERA49
01-23-2005, 11:46
I had another request from someone to change a club recently (not this one) and I'll tell you what I told him. It is not fair to the people who voted to create this club to change it now.

;f ^6 ^c

hank327
01-23-2005, 19:44
I say keep it motorcycle only.

fnfalman
01-24-2005, 10:11
I say a motorized forum for car, truck, atv, moto.

epsylum
01-26-2005, 20:14
Originally posted by Texas T
As long as it doesn't turn into a "ricer v chevy/ford/mopar" type place I think it's fine.

Hey we have kept the Harley vs sportbike thing to a minimum (only light-hearted jabs at one another).

I understand the need for a car forim and to combine forums, but I cansee the car stuff taking over and making it a pain to navigate through the threads of car stuff, when all you really care about is motorcycle stuff. So "ease of navigation" thing might not work in this case.

Now the people in the Big Dawgs forum wanting a club just for the G21, that's just dumb in my opinion.

gixxer11
02-07-2005, 20:37
Yep, it'll just turn into a bike verse car thing, which is total nonsence. Keep it bikes only. Why not just make a car only forum. I can see the fun/usefulness in that. This is a great forum website, let's keep it that way.

Rinspeed
02-10-2005, 13:36
Originally posted by Sidearmor

I suppose that is a good point and I didn't really think of it that way. I voted to start a ATV forum and wouldn't mind if they combined it in with this one but I'm sure there are plenty people here that aren't interested in ATV's at all.

Rinspeed

chevrofreak
02-10-2005, 13:43
The simple fact is that GlockTalk has way too damned many forums as it is! The moto club gets very little traffic, and the same with half the other new forums. An automotive forum would get a ton of traffic.

ateamer
02-10-2005, 14:51
And that is a perfect reason why the motorcycle forum should be kept separate. The motorcycle threads will be buried. For me, a car or truck is just a way to get around when I need to haul something that won't fit on a bike. I don't pay much attention to them and don't want to have to muddle through hundreds of car posts to talk bikes.

chevrofreak
02-10-2005, 23:03
Yeah, all two or three threads per week ;)