How light on a rem 700 adl? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How light on a rem 700 adl?

Esox357
01-22-2005, 11:17
With the deer season over and range time coming up. I want to adjust my trigger pull on my rem 700. The factory weight is not conducive to good groupings. I have two options the first being to have it reduced. The other is to buy a timney trigger? Which would you recommend. Has anyone used Timmney? I see I can buy one from Midway for around 50.00 dollars. Also how light should I go on a hunting rifle? I was thinking 3lbs or possibly 2 1/2. Thanks Esox357

tjpet
01-22-2005, 11:39
The 700 ADL trigger is one of the best on a factory rifle. Do a search on GT for instructions on how to adjust. Pretty easy if you've got the how-to info.

f1b32oPTic
01-22-2005, 14:04
i had mine reduced to 3.5lbs and it is a perfect hunting trigger.

remember when deer season is in it is cold and you often wait more than an hour before your shot so a little resistance is not a bad thing for cold fingers.

ive read that taking the remington factory trigger down past 3lbs. is not recommended and an aftermarket trigger will serve you better below 3 lbs.

for hunting though i really dont believe that a 2lb. trigger is necessary

Hay Moe
01-22-2005, 16:02
I have installed a couple of Timney triggers on Remington 700's. I like them a lot. They have a good clean, crisp break. The actual trigger "blade" is rather wide, and it just feels right to me. They are fine triggers for a "field" rifle. :)

Esox357
01-23-2005, 08:23
Thanks guys. After thinking about it and reading the comments I will have it lightened if that doesn't work than I will go through midway and get the timmney. Thanks Again. Esox357