Camping & Shooting in IL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Camping & Shooting in IL

isp2605
01-22-2005, 21:05
The state of IL is in the process of building the World Shooting and Recreation Complex (WSRC) at Sparta, IL which is about 45 miles southeast of downtown St Louis, MO. The site will be managed by the IL Dept of Natural Resources who also manages all of IL's state parks. The 1st part of the site will be open by the July 28-31, 2005 IL State Championship cowboy shooting event. The cowboy shooting location will be a 1000 ft length, 12 station shooting berm. Eventually the WSRC will consists of a 120 trap stations, sporting clays, rifle and pistol ranges. As those of you involved in trap shooting probably know the trap range at Vandalia, Ohio is being pushed out. The Nationals will move to the location at WSRC. Some of the other aminities include a 34,000 sq ft events center and a 20,000 sq ft exhibitor building.
So where to stay? The campground will be 3 times larger than any current IL state park. Over 600 camp sites will have full hookups with sewer, water, and 50 amp service. There will be individual shower rooms instead of the traditional shower houses usually found in public campgrounds. Plans are also for WiFi access thruout the campground. There is also to be an electronic events message board in the campground to keep you informed of everything occurring on the grounds. Some of the site will be completed in 2005. Rest is hoped to be finished during 2006.

4TS&W
01-22-2005, 21:23
Originally posted by isp2605
The state of IL is in the process of building the World Shooting and Recreation Complex (WSRC) at Sparta, IL snip***park info*** ...to be finished during 2006.

SWEET!!!

I can stop and camp on the way to the inlaws in Chi-town. :cool:

Will I be seeing you there?

isp2605
01-22-2005, 21:32
I won't be living there but the wife may think I am.