I Am the AAAV [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I Am the AAAV

Mickmedic
01-24-2005, 12:56
I Am the AAAV
(Americans Against Automobile Violence)

I am writing as the founding (and so far only) member of the Americans Against Automobile Violence (AAAV). Automobile violence is an epidemic in this country which claims millions of innocent lives each year, and yet for the most part goes unnoticed. I am working for the complete and total elimination of all automobiles, except for those to be used by law enforcement and the military.

I am a paramedic, and as such, I bear first-hand witness to the death and destruction that is doled out by these conveyors of mass destruction.

First and foremost, the criminal activity associated with automobiles, primarily cars, is unfathomable. Everyday, millions in the United States fall prey to cars used for the commission of robberies, drug dealings, rapes, kidnapping, child molestations, and many other terrible criminal acts. Worst of all are the cop killing cars.

Couple this with the impaired drivers, and the numbers of criminal acts involving cars is off the charts. Every 31 minutes, someone is killed in an alcohol-related motor vehicle crash, and every 2 minutes, someone receives a nonfatal injury. During 2003, 17,013 people in the U.S. died in alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes, representing 40% of all traffic-related deaths (NHTSA 2004a).

The other 60% of traffic-related deaths are obviously caused by speeding or the improper handling or securing of automobiles, allowing them to be used by the criminal element.

In today’s world, we are unfortunately tasked with looking beyond the common criminal element to that of the terrorist element. Every day, around the world, hundreds, if not thousands, die from car bombing attacks. We have already seen on our own soil the massive death that can be inflicted by some common chemicals and an automobile.

Finally, let’s turn to out greatest resource…our children. According to the Centers for Disease Control, motor vehicle injuries are the greatest public health problem facing children today. In fact, they are the leading cause of death among them (CDC 2003). In the United States during 2002, an average of 4 deaths and 622 injuries occured each day (NHTSA 2003).

To top it all off, we actually allow our precious children to handle these machines of death. Two out of five deaths among U.S. teens are the result of a motor vehicle crash (IIHS 2003). In 2002, the estimated economic cost of police-reported crashes (both fatal and nonfatal) involving drivers ages 15 to 20 was $40.8 billion (NHTSA 2003). One has to wonder why the American Academy of Pediatrics, and others, aren’t behind the fight to abolish automobiles, in the same manner they fight against gun ownership.

It is for all these reasons I believe we should fight for the total eradication of all automobiles in the United States, except for those to be used by law enforcement and the military. Won’t you join me?

Please write your Congressperson today. Send your non-tax-deductible donations to me at my home address. Cash only please.

Note: Some statistical information taken directly from the Centers for Disease Control while others were excessively exaggerated to terrorize the public into submission.

Sincerely,
Mick Stewart,
Founder, AAAV
Glock Owner

DepChief
01-24-2005, 19:58
;5 ;5 ;5 ;5 ;5 ;5 ;5 ;5 ;5 ;5

Mickmedic
01-24-2005, 20:58
I know it was a lot of effort...and for many...way too deep.
Basically, it's a joke.
More formally...it's a demonstration of how anyone...especially the gun grabbers...can take a few numbers (real or imagined)and make them say whatever they want them to say.
Thanks again,

DepChief
01-25-2005, 16:02
I was a little worried that someone who proposed that abolishment of motor vehicles had access to a loaded weapon.

^4 ^4 ^4 ^4 ^4

PDogSniper
01-26-2005, 14:33
Originally posted by Mickmedic
I know it was a lot of effort...and for many...way too deep.
Basically, it's a joke.
More formally...it's a demonstration of how anyone...especially the gun grabbers...can take a few numbers (real or imagined)and make them say whatever they want them to say.
Thanks again,

I was with it from the first sentence but it's far from a joke. You made a lot of sense... People can rationalize and justify these kind of numbers because it's a convienence for them. Try to take their cars and listen to them wail...

Good writing...

Mickmedic
01-26-2005, 20:42
Thanks PDog...I appreciate the kind words.
Cute kid also.

PDogSniper
01-26-2005, 21:08
Originally posted by Mickmedic
Thanks PDog...I appreciate the kind words.
Cute kid also.

Don't appreciate my words, I appreciate you and yours. In the infinitesimal amount of time I've been in your world I've quickly realized you guys walk on a thinner skin of water than I've ever even dreamed of knowning about before...

God bless you guys...

obxprnstar
01-27-2005, 05:50
Perhaps if we banned fire trucks there would be no more fire?

Mickmedic
04-22-2005, 08:49
Sorry to drag up old threads, but saw this and just HAD to toss it in.

Woman Killed After Being Run Over By Her Car

POSTED: 6:54 am EDT April 22, 2005
http://www.wral.com/news/4405410/detail.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A 75-year-old woman is dead after her own car runs over her.

Raleigh police said Joyce Jones went to pick up a couple on Maywood Avenue. She was helping William Phipps load his walker into the car when it rolled over them, killing Jones.

Phipps was taken to WakeMed. His condition is not known.

Police said the car was not shifted from drive to park.

FireGuy
04-22-2005, 10:00
This would be such a shock to the American system. To reduce the shock, let's begin by reducing the possible violence these dangerous machines can cause.

I propose we pass a law that requires all manufacturers to immediately cease production on mechanized vehicles not operated by licensed professional operators that can travel at speeds greater than 10 miles per hour. All new vehicles would be limited to this speed. Licensed professional operators would only be allowed to operate vehicles capable of high speeds (faster than 10 mph) when in conjunction with their profession.

This act will save lives, return the planet to a pollution free state, and reduce the need to spend billions of dollars on highways and roads.

We must rally together to bring the mindless slaughter and heinious injury caused by these machines to an end. Our children, pets, and the environment of our planet are at stake.
Call and write your represetatives daily until they understand the need for this legislation.

:soap:

Tvov
04-23-2005, 18:39
Originally posted by obxprnstar
Perhaps if we banned fire trucks there would be no more fire?

You know, it is true that at 99%+ of all fires, a fire truck is there. Coincidence?? I think not!