Pig hunting in Texas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pig hunting in Texas

AMT380man
01-24-2005, 16:56
Can I hunt pigs in Texas with an AK or SKS with hi-caps?

ECVMatt
01-24-2005, 18:15
So I would think that you could. I guess I am asking myself, "why would you want to?". Many moons ago when I was much younger, I took on a herd of swine with an AR15 and 30 rnds of justice. They were eating a deer I had hung in a tree. I let loose with all 30 rounds and did not drop a single pig. Later that weekend the buzzards led me to a couple of pigs that I had wounded and subsequently died. I felt like a jerk for not putting them down cleanly. Please learn from my mistake. I am not saying don't use your AK, but think of the ammo in you magazine as extra ammo for a follow up shot or for other targets once your orginal animal is down.

Hope this helps you out.

Matt

Eagles1181
01-25-2005, 00:38
***NOT LEGAL ADVICE***

In Texas pigs are exotic game and can be taken year round by any legal means (tanks and hand gernades are not legal) by anybody with a license.

Eagle

AMT380man
01-25-2005, 08:56
Thats what I thought.

I am going to kill them because they are tearing up some family land we have that we don't use much. I don't plan on going psyco on them. I mean 1 or 2 rounds should do the trick, the other 38 or 39 are an insurance policy if they charge.