I think I need a mass e-mailing program [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a mass e-mailing program

David_G17
01-25-2005, 14:46
I work for a marketing company, and one of our clients is the chamber of commerce for a nearby city. On their website, people can request more information about the city. It will soon be my responsibility to send the same HTML e-mail to about 20 people per day. I can't just cc it, b/c the other e-mail addresses need to remain private. Right now, the company's procedure is to manually send each e-mail.

anyone know of any program that would help me?

Thanks for any ideas. I may just use a macro, if nothing else can work. :(

grantglock
01-25-2005, 15:05
I know if you use Outlook Express and you put the names in the BCC field they wont show up to others who get the mail.

NetNinja
01-25-2005, 15:17
I know if you use Outlook Express you should be beaten. ;)

DON'T USE IT!

Friends don't let friends use Outlook Express.

IHR
01-25-2005, 15:22
I found a program called bmail.exe and use it to do basically the same thing. PM me if you want more info. I simply wrote a python script around it, and it does exactly what I want/need of it.

HerrGlock
01-25-2005, 17:18
Look at listserv software. Put it on your site and let people sign up for themselves and then you (the admin) can send a mail that will only to to those who signed up.

mailman is what I use on a handful of sites and it handles a 30 person list about as easily as it handles the 60,000 person list.

DanH

modgun
01-25-2005, 17:50
If it is only that few people, just BCC it in Outlook.
blind carbon copy

bobby_w
01-25-2005, 21:29
bcc: like most of the other posters have said.

All e-mail programs have this feature.