is there a way [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : is there a way

redhawk 44
01-26-2005, 10:57
To make an image stored on your computer appear in a post without first uploading it to an internet server?

I know about attachments, but can it be automatically opened when the post is opened?

Clyde
01-26-2005, 11:49
You can attach the image.

You will see it below the box in which you type your message.

Attach File Then a blank window and a browse button.

Click the browse button and sellect the immage

(Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt bmp jpeg wav pdf mpg)

fastvfr
01-26-2005, 12:57
From the sounds of things, if I understand you correctly...no.

The in-post pics are hyperlinked from a server where the picture is available 24/7.

You can set up a small photo server on your PC and link to your location, but the pics you link to will only be available when your machine is online.

Why not just upload anything you'd like to post to ImageShack or somewhere that offers free image hosting? Then you just Copy Image Location into your post with an img tag, and there it is!

Good luck.

redhawk 44
01-26-2005, 13:46
Originally posted by fastvfr
From the sounds of things, if I understand you correctly...no.

The in-post pics are hyperlinked from a server where the picture is available 24/7.

You can set up a small photo server on your PC and link to your location, but the pics you link to will only be available when your machine is online.

Why not just upload anything you'd like to post to ImageShack or somewhere that offers free image hosting? Then you just Copy Image Location into your post with an img tag, and there it is!

Good luck.

OK, that is what I was afraid of. I do have a server, called imageevent, so I can do it that way.

Thanks for the info.;)