Ducati's new/old Cafe Racer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ducati's new/old Cafe Racer


fnfalman
01-26-2005, 20:01
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2005/ducatiModel.jhtml?family=sportclassic&modelName=SPORT1000-05

The new retro Sports Classic series. Me like!

norton
01-27-2005, 04:46
It makes my back hurt just looking at the riding position-
But that is one fine m/c. I love the double front disc brakes with wire wheels. The rotors look enormous!

RugerFan58
01-27-2005, 16:37
I found a 1973 900SS Desmo that I think the present owner will sell cheap. I love the old ones !!!;c

Stephen
01-27-2005, 19:10
Cool - but me likes THIS (http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2005/ducatiModel.jhtml?family=sportclassic&modelName=SMART1000-05) one!

norton
01-27-2005, 19:11
Originally posted by RugerFan58
I found a 1973 900SS Desmo that I think the present owner will sell cheap. I love the old ones !!!;c

I remember the local Indy BMW dealer had a 900ss on his floor. It was a used one, and had to have been a 70's model.
It was silver, with a 1/2 fairing. Beautiful bike.
Questionable electrics as I recall

RugerFan58
01-28-2005, 08:40
Originally posted by norton
I remember the local Indy BMW dealer had a 900ss on his floor. It was a used one, and had to have been a 70's model.
It was silver, with a 1/2 fairing. Beautiful bike.
Questionable electrics as I recall Yes they are. They shift on the right though. The one I'm looking at is Silver and Blue.;c

RugerFan58
01-28-2005, 08:41
Originally posted by Stephen
Cool - but me likes THIS (http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2005/ducatiModel.jhtml?family=sportclassic&modelName=SMART1000-05) one! Nice looking bike. Do I dare ask ?? How much ??;c

Stephen
01-28-2005, 09:55
Originally posted by RugerFan58
Nice looking bike. Do I dare ask ?? How much ??;c

Dunno - I was going to ask the same. My wife saw the pictures, liked them and asked how much. She's getting me a new bike for my 40th B-Day and I sure would consider one of these!

RugerFan58
01-28-2005, 10:34
Originally posted by Stephen
Dunno - I was going to ask the same. My wife saw the pictures, liked them and asked how much. She's getting me a new bike for my 40th B-Day and I sure would consider one of these! I'm sure it's out of my price range anyway. Nice to dream though.;c

fnfalman
01-28-2005, 10:58
Stephen,

That's the Paul Smart model of the Sport Classic. I just called Delamo Motorsports in Redondo Beach, CA. The salesman (Robert) said that they; the Sport Classic line, run between $11k and $14k. But to the best of his knowledge, the USA won't get them until 2006 and then it's only one model (the lineup has three variations) and the 2007 gets another model and so on.

Stephen
01-28-2005, 13:07
2006? I'll be 41 then.....dang!

Maybe I'll just stick with working her for a 999x...

And to think I had her convinced that the retro models would be a good investment...

fnfalman
01-28-2005, 14:45
Nothing wrong with the 999.;f I'm too fat to crouch on one though. :soap: Believe you me, I tried.;f

Shinichi
02-01-2005, 09:51
That is a great looking Duc,

I saw this at the Moto show
http://www.triumph.co.uk/images/gllry_THRUXTON900_07.jpg

this pic doesn't show the racing stripes down the tank.
It goes for about $7,900, I think.

DaisyCutter
02-01-2005, 13:01
Looks cool, but I'm still hard over the Honda 919.

norton
02-02-2005, 05:19
Originally posted by Shinichi
That is a great looking Duc,

I saw this at the Moto show
http://www.triumph.co.uk/images/gllry_THRUXTON900_07.jpg

this pic doesn't show the racing stripes down the tank.
It goes for about $7,900, I think.

Your photo is of a Triumph my man

Shinichi
02-02-2005, 10:05
Originally posted by norton
Your photo is of a Triumph my man


yes, i know, i thought that anyone in this thread would know without me saying it.


it is a great looking Triumph, isn't it?