Novice omputer question about google [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Novice omputer question about google

Nicolai
01-30-2005, 10:56
I have a question. I've been searching on google for a B Day present for my Girl Friend. I searched every combonation of the words Czarina Porcelain Vase until I finally found what I was looking for and purchased it online. Here's the problem...the computer that I used is both of ours and she uses it every day. It seems www.google.com remembers what you have searched on your specific computer and all she would have to do is type in a "C" and Czarina Porcelain Vase would pop up. I tried erasing the words by highlihgting them and hitting the delete button and that seemed to work. BUt now, I turned the computer back on, and it's popping up again. I need to know how to permanantly get rid of what I have searched so that it will not pop up in the google search box when she gets online. This is a B Day present that cost me alot of money and I don't want the surprise to be ruined just b/c she saw I was looking for them online.

Please someone help me. Is there any setting I can change on my computer so that it won't remember this little secret when she gets on google?

Thanks...Nic

DeadMansLife
01-30-2005, 11:34
Clear your cookies.

In IE click Tools, Internet Options. In the general tab click Delete Cookies, then Delete Files. You may also want to Clear History.

This should wipe the Google search.

AF Vet
01-30-2005, 19:12
Clearing the cookies will only clear searches done from IE address bar. To clear Google search history, click on the word "Google" to the left of the Google search box. In the drop down menu that appears, click on "Clear Search History" option. That will take care of your secret!:)

grokdesigns
01-31-2005, 17:21
see the attached image to see where you can clear the stuff stored in AutoComplete. Just hit "Clear Forms" and you should be good to go. You can also totally turn the feature off if you'd like.