For FNFALMAN [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For FNFALMAN

Texas T
01-30-2005, 20:59
http://www.tv1.de/bmwtv/cms/_vm300/52935/

Scantily clad women and fast BMW bikes...

Enjoy.

skorpio
01-31-2005, 18:30
Nah, Mr. High-and-Mighty will start in about idiots on "crotch rockets" riding too fast on city streets.;Q

Texas T
01-31-2005, 21:14
Originally posted by skorpio
Nah, Mr. High-and-Mighty will start in about idiots on "crotch rockets" riding too fast on city streets.;Q Play nice Skorpio. ;L

fnfalman
02-01-2005, 10:27
I can't help it if idiots are acting like a-holes on the streets and put me and mine in jeopardy.

What's the matter, Skorpio? Struck a nerve?

Texas T, very cool commercial. Yeah, BMW is really marketing the K1200S hard and frankly it unnerves a lot of BMW moto owners because unlike before, it appears to be that BMW is advocating the irresponsible riding styles that the typical rice rocket manufacturers and riders advocate. I can only hope that the K1200S owners would be mature enough to realize that commercials and real life aren't the same thing.

skorpio
02-01-2005, 21:45
Yeah, you do strike a nerve with you "in general" profiling of sportbike riders. Yes, there are a large percentage of adolescent acting fools on sportbikes that seem to feel the world is their playground and recess is out. When you start a new topic entitled "why do young riders always ride crotch rockets?", what kind of response were you looking for? As you have admitted previously, you yourself have been out of motorcycling for some 13 years, and have just recently purchased a BMW, which you are ever so fond of reminding everyone here of, talk of how much you have spent and will spend on your equipment going so far as to list actual dollar ammounts (tacky) and seem to think you are the authority on or the dominating opinion of all things motorcycle. Yes, I realise it's all new and exciting to you now that you are back in it, but there are those of us who never got out. There are those who choose not to ride a BMW. Although I will say that I did have a R1100s for about 3 months, just wasn't for me. But do you hear me starting topics like "Why do the self-important always ride beemers?"? No. Because I realise that such a topic might enflame someone who does not share my beliefs. Yes, this is a free country with protected free speech laws, but to go along with that, you also share this country with some 275 million others, so why not be somewhat conscientious (sp?) about what you say to them? As I stated somewhere else on another post, I am a sportbike rider, have been so for about 13 years now, do not stunt, don't even know how to pop a wheelie 'cause I never wanted to learn. I ride with other mature individuals (next closest to my age is 36, and the oldest is in his late 50's), who share my same views on street riding.

So yeah, you hit a nerve. And I talk with you this way to temper your views on sportbike riders, so that hopefully you don't pop off to one someday, in person, and said person offer to do violence upon you for such a remark. So just chill out with the remarks, dude.

45acp4me
02-01-2005, 23:29
Originally posted by fnfalman
I can't help it if idiots are acting like a-holes on the streets and put me and mine in jeopardy.

What's the matter, Skorpio? Struck a nerve?

Texas T, very cool commercial. Yeah, BMW is really marketing the K1200S hard and frankly it unnerves a lot of BMW moto owners because unlike before, it appears to be that BMW is advocating the irresponsible riding styles that the typical rice rocket manufacturers and riders advocate. I can only hope that the K1200S owners would be mature enough to realize that commercials and real life aren't the same thing.

It's funny how you, Mr. Libertarian gets his pantys in a wad over a commercial that's obviously shot on closed streets or all done by computer in post.

Please explain to me how a dream sequence style commercial is going to result in death to motorists? You are the last person I would expect to hear sounding just like an anti in a state trying to pass carry laws. Thanks for the puffed up "blood in the streets" defense. ;g

Regards,
Glen

fnfalman
02-02-2005, 11:19
Glen,

I don't get my panties in a wad about the new K1200S commercials. Unlike others, I can tell the difference between TV, fantasy and real life.

But a certain other rider here took offense at my accusations of idiots riding crotch rockets doing stupid stunts on the streets and made the remark that I somehow found the commercial offensive because they were "running wild on the streets". So I figure I'll give him what he wanted to hear.

And Skorpio, why are you so sensitive about my characterizations of idiots riding crotch rockets? You yourself professed that you don't do stupid stunts on the streets, so how does my characterizations of idiots (young) on crotch rockets affect you?

As far as why self-important riders ride BMWs, go ahead and start up a topic. At least the BMW riders don't go out there and act like fools...most of the time.

Deny it, sugar coat it, whatever, but the fact is that most of the time you see some idiot doing something outrageous on the streets, it's typically some sort of youth riding a "sports bike". Yeah, Harley riders weaving in and out of traffic too. Just the other day, I saw two refuges from Sturgis splitting lanes at 90-MPH (I was in my car going about 80-MPH on a 75-MPH) I-10 and these two fools splitted the lane between me and a pickup truck.

But, and there's always a BUT, if you were to cruise around and you see some fool doing 140 down the highway or popping wheelies, or scraping the knees in a 40-MPH curve, it's almost always some idiot on a crotch rocket.

Yeah, I just got back into riding again and it's fun. And I would like to be able to do it for decades to come. It's bad enough that I have to worry about car drivers. I don't need idiots on crotch rockets and others to put me and mine in jeopardy as well.

PS In a couple more years, I'll probably graduate to the K1200S if my interest swings that way and I wouldn't care if somebody calls me a crotch rocket rider. And as far as others wanting to visit violence on me, all I gotta say is, "Come and get some" if they're brave enough to throw fisticuff over motorcycle name callings.

fnfalman
02-02-2005, 11:28
I take back about the moniker "crotch rockets". I suppose that I should have called them idiots on sports bikes. Maybe it sounds less inflammatory that way. Or maybe I should have just labeled them as idiots on two-wheels.

I'm sure that euphemisms and PCness will really help the motorcycle rider scene.

And it's not fair to claim that BMW owners are pricks. Only a few of them are. I can't help being a prick but don't lump others into it.

skorpio
02-02-2005, 18:19
Enough. You go play in your world and I'll go play in mine, and everyone will be happy.

"But, and there's always a BUT, if you were to cruise around and you see some fool doing 140 down the highway or popping wheelies, or scraping the knees in a 40-MPH curve, it's almost always some idiot on a crotch rocket."

Of course they're going to be on a sport bike. It's not like you can do 140, pop wheelies, or take a curve at 40 on virtually anything else.;Q

fnfalman
02-03-2005, 14:13
And that's exactly my point!

Fools coupled with powerful motorcycles equal disaster.

And yes, you play in your world and I'll play in mine.