XM Radio Advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio Advice

CarloPonti
02-01-2005, 20:53
Ok, I need to know the best way to go with satellite radio. I know there's a monthly fee. Beyond that, what is a decent receiver?

Is there a receiver reasonably priced that can be a portable "Walkman" also? I say the Myfi or something like that. It was a tad pricey, but I like the concept.

Thanks,
carloponti

lawman
02-01-2005, 20:57
I have sirius radio. you can pay for the year and get 1 mos free which makes it as cheap as XM. I would buy a portable car unit. dou not know what is going to happen with both company's. XM has baseball and sirius has football and basketball also nra radio. hope it helps

Sundog
02-03-2005, 08:53
I have a Roady 2, which is now on sale at most places for $99 (was $129). IIRC, there is an accessory that lets it be used as a "walkman" type device also. I don't have that accessory yet, but did opt for the home kit, which allows you to connect it to a home stereo and listen. Go to XMradio.com; there should be more details on there. XMfan.com is a site that is not connected to XM, but is a good source for info.

Roady 2 pros: small, doesn't require a cradle to operate, inexpensive. Cons: the text readout is small and the song titles often get cut off, and must buy the remote separately.

Chopperdog
02-11-2005, 19:26
Another vote for the Delphi Roady 2. I've had mine for a while now and I just can't drive without it anymore. I love my XM!