Do products like CortiSlim work? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do products like CortiSlim work?

Chevytuff19
02-02-2005, 13:03
I have been working out for about the past 4 months now and have lost quite a bit of weight and gained a lot of muscle. However, as many of you know, the last 10-15 pounds are the hardest to lose. I have seen ads for some weight loss supplements and am not looking for a magic pill; just something to help me lose the last 10-15 pounds a little quicker. I plan on working out at least 3 times a week from now on, so I think that I will be able to keep the weight off once I get it off.

Thanks,
Wes

testosterone
02-03-2005, 16:18
NO..they dont work. you want a good thermogenic use VPX Redline..similar to the effectivness of ephedrine w/o all the side effects.

El Duderino
02-03-2005, 16:31
Search for "ECA stack" and make your own. Do your research and make up your own mind if it's for you. The overhyped stuff out now is useless.

testosterone
02-03-2005, 16:48
ECA stack...25mgs of eph, 200mgs of caffine and 325mgs of asparin...
alot of people get the same effect w.o the asparin.
ephedrine can still be found in alot of stores as its still not illegel to sell if its not in a diet supplement. Stores (especially truck stops) sell them as bronchial supplements. Most will contain ephedrine hcl and guaifenesin which is an expectorant (gets rid of phlem)...does not negate the effectivness of the ehpedrine

Chevytuff19
02-04-2005, 20:10
So how does that RedLine stuff work? Just rub it all over your body? Sounds a little far fetched.....does it really work?

Thanks,
Wes

Christine
02-04-2005, 20:29
Technically Cortislim could work, it affects your body's poduction of the hormone Cortisol which regulates carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism. But Cortisol also maintains normal blood pressure and helps inhibit allergic and inflammatory reactions. Personally for 10 lbs I don't think I want to risk messing around with my body chemistry. The Human body is one of the most amazing systems and given proper fuel (good diet) and maintenance (exercise) it will take care of you better then any magic pill. Ephedrine products have been proven to cause heart problems! Avoid all quick fix solutions.

It sounds like you've made a lot of progress already - 4 months is really not that long! Congrates

I'd suggest keeping a food diary to track your calorie intake. Skip a beer or 2 a week (substitute reg cola, bag of chips, cookie etc - whatever your favorite vice ;f ) in addition to changing your workouts every 4-6 weeks (change #sets, reps for weight training, intensity & time for cardio) and you will lose your 10lbs!

Slow & steady, better diet and exercise is the BEST way to guarantee that you will keep the weight off! Keep up the good work!

;f

Chevytuff19
02-04-2005, 20:59
Thanks for the help and encouragement, Christine. I didn't think the pills would really work. I have heard that Creatine is good for quick results, but once you quit taking it the results wear off. I didn't think that sounded too good. I currently take one scoop of whey protein powder with 16 ounces of milk before bedtime every night to help my muscles build while I sleep. I guess I will just monitor the fatty foods that I eat and maybe I will lose those 10 pounds in time for Spring Break.....doubt it will happen that quick though. I am hoping at least by summer.

Thanks again for all of yall's help,

Wes

testosterone
02-06-2005, 02:07
Originally posted by Chevytuff19
So how does that RedLine stuff work? Just rub it all over your body? Sounds a little far fetched.....does it really work?

Thanks,
Wes
its a drink....u can get it premixed, or in a multi dosed bottle with a small spoon and they now come in gelcaps...it works....my body is VERY adaped to ephedrine so i thought in no way would redline have any type of effect....it works. buy it and try it. 1/2 spoon full in the am and then 1/2 about 20 mins before your training.
try to take in atleast 1g of protien per lb of what you weigh..take a good multi vitamin, multi mineral