82nd ABN in Iraq [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 82nd ABN in Iraq

A_Swede_17_1911
02-03-2005, 06:34
Sorry gonna be kinda vauge about whats going on, but good things, secured the polling sites in one of the worst neighborhoods in Baghdad. My Platoon was involeved in one firefight, no injurys for my PLT out of that so thats cool, messed the building up pretty good. We had one dismounted patrol get hit by a grenade, one guy was injuryed and took some shrapnel to the legs, and back, only about and inch from his spine, hes okay, was return to duty in a couple hours after the incident. Iraqis are getting good on covering there asses on cleaning up after they attack us, like sweeping up the brass, etc.

The elections went smooth, nothing really went to wrong in my battalions sector, so that was cool. More voters than i expected. It wasnt to much fun staying up with cat naps for 4 days but hey you do what you have to do to accomplish the misson.

As for me I, got my orders on Feb 1st and an am now and E5 so I was welcomed into the NCO Corp. Well my shoulders still hurt a bit and are a little swellen and bruised but its well worth it. Oh yeah i get to move to Company Operations, since ive already had like 8 'month of time as a teamleader, and the 1SG asked for me specificly, said he needs me to square away opereations. I know im going to miss the being on the line, but this should be a nice break especially when we go back to Ft. Bragg. So in some ways im looking forward to that, plus I will try to get as many schools as I can now. Plus there talking about us going home on time now so, thats kinda a relief. I just hope this country settles down a bit more and things go smoother, im tired of Iraq and dealing with messes others leave.

"Lets Go"

fnfalman
02-03-2005, 18:39
Just remember that where you're at, humping a desk might still get you killed due to infiltrators and jazz like that. Keep that flak jacket on and your weapon handy.

A_Swede_17_1911
02-04-2005, 05:29
Im pretty safe were im at, not to much to worry about, not the chow halls thats a differnet story, after what happend in mosul they really cracked down on alot of things, all civilians get searched before entering the chow hall, and they have a lot of force protection measures up, dont have to worry about motars or rockets cause well im in a basement. I keep a magazine in a cargo pocket just in case though.

rlbgfish173
02-05-2005, 12:24
Swede, check you messages.

CarlosDJackal
02-11-2005, 13:08
Airborne All the Way, Bro!! ^c

Stay safe!! I wish I was there with you. :(

pizzaaguy
02-11-2005, 13:12
Congrats on the promotion and thanks for a job well-done!;c

APD
02-14-2005, 18:04