Drunk vs drunk...what are the chances? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Drunk vs drunk...what are the chances?

ClydeG19
02-04-2005, 01:22
Had a pin tonight right as I got to the station (I normally go there to work out after work). It wasn't too spectacular but it was my first. We simply popped the driver's door on one of the cars involved and rolled the guy out.

The interesting thing is that one drunk guy hit another drunk guy coming the other way. Not that I wish for anyone to be hurt, but you can't pick a better combo. No innocents hurt and two dui's in handcuffs (after a trip to the hospital for the one).

It will be interesting for the insurance companies to battle out the cause of the accident. In PA, if you are drunk then you caused the accident, even if you really didn't. Someone could rear end you and you still caused it. I wonder how they will sort this one out.

xtrik8ifc
02-06-2005, 08:19
sounds like poetic justice to me.

obxprnstar
02-06-2005, 10:44
Wow, What are the odds?

I know all of us has showed up at a wreck involving a drunk and some poor family that he just hit/ wrecked their life.

But when you show up to this one, you just kind of look and say, "Wow, this couldn't have happened to two better folks"

nam02G
02-07-2005, 18:11
I've only ever felt sorry for one drunk driver, and then only a little. I went on this call in the middle of the night and this guy had been driving a yellow Toyota 4X4 pickup. The pickup was sitting in the middle of the road looking like a crushed pop can. The guy kept telling this tail about a black car with no lights that came out of nowhere, hit him then disappeared. I still believe him, nothing in the area had been hit by his truck. No yellow paint scrapped off on anything around.

kels
02-07-2005, 18:13
It happens, but not very much.

Rob72
02-10-2005, 10:31
Originally posted by nam02G
I've only ever felt sorry for one drunk driver, and then only a little. I went on this call in the middle of the night and this guy had been driving a yellow Toyota 4X4 pickup. The pickup was sitting in the middle of the road looking like a crushed pop can. The guy kept telling this tail about a black car with no lights that came out of nowhere, hit him then disappeared. I still believe him, nothing in the area had been hit by his truck. No yellow paint scrapped off on anything around. "J" was feeling pissed, that night! (MIB);f