Here is my workout. Please critique. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Here is my workout. Please critique.

Chevytuff19
02-09-2005, 23:17
First off, I only work out on Mon., Wed., and Fri. because I heard on your "off" days is when your body builds its muscle. Anyway, here is my workout routine:

1) Jog for 5 minutes, walk for 1.
2) 1 Set of 20 calf raises
3) 2 sets of 10 squats
4) 30 decline situps with a 10 lb. weight on my chest
5) 2 sets of 12 bench press
6) 2 sets of 12 lat. pull downs
7) 1 set of 12 dips w/ 25 lb. weight to left side
8) " " right side
9) 2 sets of 12 tricep pull downs
10) 2 sets of 12 bicep curls
11) 2 sets of 10 shoulder raises
12) 1 set of 15 leg raises
13) 1 set of 30 on right and left forearm (each) with one of thos pull together things.

Think this is good or should I do something else/more?

I try to keep my workouts under 45 minutes but do not rest long between sets.

Thanks,
Wes

angrystormG23
02-09-2005, 23:43
Im no expert but remember water, a good warm up and cool down, most of all good diet. But there are some things that work for some and not for others so dont get frustrated if somethings dont work out as fast as you had hoped. Good luck

testosterone
02-10-2005, 09:18
what are your goals? what is your nutrition like....w/o eating a correct diet you are spinning your wheels.

ateamer
02-10-2005, 13:45
Workout 1:
Bench
Close Grip Bench
Military Press
Situps

Workout 2:
Squat
Stifflegged Deadlift (every other workout)
Pullups or Rows
Hanging Leg Raises

Work out on Monday-Wednesday-Friday with alternating workouts. The first workout, such as Workout 1 on Monday, do three sets of five on each exercise; ab work can be done for higher reps, but try doing situps with enough weight so you can only do no more than eight reps. The second workout, such as Workout 1 done on Friday of that same week, do three sets of ten on each exercise. In each workout, use enough weight so that you can only get the prescribed reps. It is a good idea to not work to failure, but leave one rep in the rack. (The rep you fail on will be the one with bad form and get you hurt.)

Stifflegged deadlifts are only done every other time you do workout 2, on the low-rep day.

Begin the workout with warmups (and they are just that - warmups, not work sets). Don't do any more warmups than are necessary to get ready for the work sets. Once you have done the work sets on the first exercise, no warmups are necessary with the other exercises. Go right to the work weight. Rest as short a time as possible between sets. Each workout should take no longer than 30-35 minutes.

Every six or eight weeks, on the heavy day, work up to a heavy single. If you have competent spotters, don't be afraid to max out and test your strength, as long as you can do it with proper form.

KraziGlocker
02-18-2005, 19:29
i really dont like the workout you have listed for a 3 day split...ateamer has a good solid plan...but i think you should do a push,pull, and leg day...its great for a three day split hitting everything once a week...if u have a years experiece..def move away from what u been doin...
PUSH DAY - INCLINE BENCH - 3 SETS OF 8-12
FLAT BENCH DUMBELL - 3 SETS 8-12
FLYES - 3 SETS 10-15
MILITARY OR DUMBELL PRESS - 3 SETS 8-12
LATERALS - 3 SETS 8 -12

PULL DAY - ROWS (SO MANY TYPES, PICK 2 AND 3 SETS EACH WITH 8-12 REPS
PULL DOWNS OR PULLS UPS (WIDE GRIP) 3 SETS 8-12
AND DO SOMETHING FOR THE BACK OF YOUR SHOULDERS..REVERSE PEC DECK MACHINE IS GREAT

LEG DAY - MAKE SURE YOU HIT YOUR LEGS HARD WITH A MASS MOVEMENT FIRST...DOING A HEAVY HARD LEG WORKOUT WILL RELEASE MORE NATURAL TEST AND GH TO INCREASE YOUR STRENGTH AND MUSCLE GAINS..YOU SHOULD BE SORE THE NEXT DAY...SQUATS..LEG PRESS...DEADLIFTS ARE ALL RECOMMENDED..

California Jack
02-18-2005, 20:17
I like ateamer's plan. For an alternate suggestion, I always like a 5x5 Heavy-Light-Medium Reg Parks type protocol. I believe in abbreviated training, full body workouts stressing compound movements.

Something like;

Monday Squats 5x5
Bench 5x5
Rack Pulls 5x5

Weds Overhead Squats 5x5
Ovehead Press 5x5
Weighted Pullups 5x5

Fri Front Squats 5x5
Incline Bench 5 x 5
Bent Rows 5x5

5x5 is 2 progressively heavier warmup sets of 5 followed by 3 worksets of 5. When all 15 reps can be done move up the weight of your worksets.

Do a set or 2 of abs, calfs or curls when time and energy permit.

As far as the pull movements go, I'm kinda reaching. This style of workout usually has pulling movements something like high pulls on Mon, power snatch on weds and power clean on Fri. From reading your current program, it doesn't seem like you are interested in this type of lifting though, so I modified it for something you might do.

What's with the weighted dips and the weight hanging to a side? I've never heard of this before?

Good luck,
Jack