Is there an anti-grouch pill for women?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is there an anti-grouch pill for women??

flygirl
02-10-2005, 23:47
I feel I have the need for one. Went to the womens Dr. to have all the right tests and found that all is normal. However is there an over-the-counter supliment to help with being moody? I hate being a grouch all the time.

SouthernGal
02-11-2005, 07:36
but a lot of times a physician will give you anti-depressants for something like that.

I took Effexor in 1998 for a period of about 3 months. It gave me headaches, which is why I quit taking them, but they were prescribed to me to "take the edge off."

Glockgirl26
02-11-2005, 08:47
Chocolate.

Seriously, eating chocolate boosts the feel-good hormones in the brain, I forget what it's called. I don't recommend it as a constant fix, though.

St. John's Wort has been widely known to help with depression and feeling down, it is a natural dietary supplement, no prescription necessary.

Exercise also helps raise natural levels of feel-good hormones in the brain, and is better on the waistline than chocolate.

Endorphins, that's the feel good hormones in the brain, I remember now. Chocolate, exercise, even sex have all been proven to raise endorphin levels in the brain.

MonsterMaxx
02-11-2005, 09:23
I've found that chocolate is a very effective tool.

My GF gets into these crying jags from time to time. Her reasoning is 'the world is so sad';'someone at work is ill';'my mom's sad';...all sad things and she gets really down.

She can't stop either.

So I give her a peice of chocolate. Within minutes she's OK.

It's completely reproduceable too.

To test my theory further I've discussed it with male friends who also have fems in their lives. They have tested my theory and also found it valid.

I've no idea whats in chocolate but my testing shows that it does in fact have a great effect on females.

So I just keep some in the house at all times.

How's that for a good excuse to eat chocolate?

Arizona
02-11-2005, 12:12
I long ago decided that there is nothing wrong with me, the rest of the world is just too damn happy all the time.

Memphis
02-17-2005, 12:05
The Chocolate thing works at my house too. If you are post menopausal, estrogen is a great mood equalizer. If not, low dose birth control pills could do the trick. Good Luck, M

SouthernGal
02-17-2005, 15:06
Originally posted by Memphis
The Chocolate thing works at my house too. If you are post menopausal, estrogen is a great mood equalizer. If not, low dose birth control pills could do the trick. Good Luck, M

Hey Memphis, are you in Memphis? I'm just across the state line and I'm looking for other women to shoot with in this area.

vote Republican
02-17-2005, 15:10
Originally posted by Glockgirl26

Endorphins, that's the feel good hormones in the brain, I remember now. Chocolate, exercise, even sex have all been proven to raise endorphin levels in the brain.
Yar!!! :)

Hey, if chocolate can cure exposure to dementors, then it's good stuff. ;)

flygirl
02-18-2005, 00:59
Have some coco on hand at all times. I am also trying an over the counter suppliment, seems to be working for now. The Dr. told me that the birth control pills were not an option till I stop smoking. That's next I'd have to say. Harder than it looks. Been smoking since I turned 16. Thank you for all the feed back.