half life 2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : half life 2


dwhite
02-14-2005, 15:42
Has anyone finished playing half life 2 single player yet?
took me 2 weeks after work and wow what a game:)

fastvfr
02-15-2005, 12:46
Sure did!

I'm about halfway through it again...all difficulty settings on High this time.

Just about to Nova Prospekt.

Long Live the Free Man!!!1!

LOL

Rasco
02-15-2005, 12:47
Now you're all set to start playing CS Source.

Or HL 2 Deathmatch, but that's not quite as much fun.

tgtshuter
02-16-2005, 20:22
I still haven't finished it.

dwhite
02-17-2005, 15:14
Originally posted by fastvfr
Sure did!

I'm about halfway through it again...all difficulty settings on High this time.

Just about to Nova Prospekt.

Long Live the Free Man!!!1!

LOL

I thought the ending was kind of silly
but o well it is just a game

fastvfr
02-24-2005, 16:34
Well, yeah...there was an end to the game...but no real ENDING!!

Know why?

Me, either...but my best guess is that Valve had a LOT more of that game finished, and instead of releasing the whole thinjg at once (which would have been after Christmas - the horror!) or as an Expansion Pack, they are finishing up the second half of HL2 to sell for $55 or $60 as 'HL3'.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

waktasz
03-20-2005, 11:58
The ending is terrible and completely ruined a great game for me. It's way too short also.

FARW10ring
03-21-2005, 13:37
I didn't think it was too short. I was very impressed by the game overall. With regards to the ending, I kind of thought of the entire time in the Citadel as the ending. The final movie was just the set-up for the next Halflife. I'm playing it again now on Normal. Doesn't seem much harder than easy.

BTW, I can't wait for expansion packs!!!

waktasz
03-21-2005, 13:46
$50 for an 8 hour game and you don't think it was too short? You have never played any good games then :p

hl2 was innovative and had a few pretty cool game modes (airboat and squad based comes to mind) but it can't compare to other games that took 40+ hours to complete.

FARW10ring
03-21-2005, 13:49
Originally posted by waktasz
$50 for an 8 hour game and you don't think it was too short? You have never played any good games then :p

hl2 was innovative and had a few pretty cool game modes (airboat and squad based comes to mind) but it can't compare to other games that took 40+ hours to complete.

Interesting how you have decided that the length of a game is the determining factor in how good it is. Sure, I would have liked it if HL2 was longer, but it was fun enough, with enough replay value to make me think of the game as "worth it". I've been a gamer since Pong, so suffice to say I've played lots of good games. Some long, some short.

waktasz
03-21-2005, 14:00
For what it was, it was a good game. Great probably. But clearly not long enough. Ninja Gaiden on the damn xbox took over 40 hours to beat and was enjoyable throughout, and that's a console game, which I'm biased against.

Kevin108
04-02-2005, 06:06
I never got out of the sewers and gave up playing. Long live Counter Strike Source!

Perry F.
04-02-2005, 19:56
Originally posted by fastvfr
Sure did!

I'm about halfway through it again...all difficulty settings on High this time.

Just about to Nova Prospekt.

Long Live the Free Man!!!1!

LOL

Your screwed nova prospect is zombie land!!!;f

I love this game, what great graphics, gameplay, story, best pc game I have ever played.
I am gonna go finish it on more difficult setting.
Riding the boat and the sand buggy were awesome..
The damn game made me jump many times.

Rasco
04-06-2005, 15:13
It's hard for me to go back to the single-player game after I've been playing Counter Strike Source.

Counter Strike Source is pretty much the perfect game for this forum. It's got all the modern guns you'd hope to see in a game, and the physics are not bad at all thanks to the Source engine.

My only complaint is that the learning curve is kinda steep.

If you're used to a game like Battlefield 1944/Vietnam, you might find the aim in CS:S to be little bit "over-accurate".

Anyways, Perry F, if you haven't already, give Counter Strike Source a shot, it's a great multiplayer game.

Perry F.
04-06-2005, 16:43
Originally posted by Rasco
It's hard for me to go back to the single-player game after I've been playing Counter Strike Source.

Counter Strike Source is pretty much the perfect game for this forum. It's got all the modern guns you'd hope to see in a game, and the physics are not bad at all thanks to the Source engine.

My only complaint is that the learning curve is kinda steep.

If you're used to a game like Battlefield 1944/Vietnam, you might find the aim in CS:S to be little bit "over-accurate".

Anyways, Perry F, if you haven't already, give Counter Strike Source a shot, it's a great multiplayer game.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

waktasz
04-06-2005, 17:59
Does he still charge the m4 by pulling the forward assist and do the guns still auto-lock the slide back when you hit the reload key no matter what and are the ejection ports on all the guns still on the left side? The original CS was so unrealistic it was retarded.