I wonder why ... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why ...

MrsKey
02-18-2005, 15:35
On so many firearms related message boards you see so many "What gun should I get for my wife/girlfriend?" threads.

I wonder why these guys just don't take their gf or wife to a well equipped range and let her try things out for herself and see what she likes.

Would a guy ever let someone pick out a gun for them?

Why don't women get more involved?

Women & Guns is a great magazine. They even have a message board. But the board is deader than a doornail.

I wonder what the response would be if I posted, "What gun should I buy for my husband?"

I wonder about a lot of things.

Glockgirl26
02-18-2005, 18:35
Well, guys have that condescending attitude that they will always know more about such things than us poor clueless women. We can't be trusted to make such decisions for ourselves, because we don't really know anything.;Q

vote Republican
02-18-2005, 20:48
Hey, y'all can pick out the color.

Pushy broads.

;e ;e ;e

MrsKey
02-19-2005, 08:04
Originally posted by Glockgirl26
Well, guys have that condescending attitude that they will always know more about such things than us poor clueless women. We can't be trusted to make such decisions for ourselves, because we don't really know anything.;Q

True.

Thank God my husband isn't like that. :D I've got a real gem.

What I really don't get is on a lot of these threads when a woman gives her opinion on what would be a good suggestion for another woman guys try to shoot it down.

Bah!

Originally posted by vote Republican

Hey, y'all can pick out the color.

Pushy broads.

hahahahaha!!!

I am definitely a pushy broad. But I know what I like! ;)

Jaegergirl
02-19-2005, 10:00
Originally posted by MrsKey
True.

Thank God my husband isn't like that. :D I've got a real gem.

mine isn't like that either, thank goodness.

when i told him i wanted to get a gun, he left it up to me what kind to get. matter of fact, he wasn't much help (and i don't mean that in a mean way). he told me it wasn't going to be his gun so i needed to get something that "I" would be comfortable with. i subscribed to "women and guns" magazine, he bought me several gun magazines, and i did a lot of research on the internet (forums, manfacturer websites, etc.). it was a real learning experience for me. little did he know he was going to turn me into a gun nut. when i harrasses me about spending too much time on glocktalk, i tell him it's all his fault. :) ;f :cool:

pete1953
02-21-2005, 00:01
I told my wife that when she completed her combat handgun course, we'd buy any gun she wanted for herself. During the weeks of class she got to try quite a few as well as those that I owned. She di like my custom Colt Combat Commander but decided she wanted a full sized revolver S&W 686+ 4" as her house gun. When she got her CCW, she traded with me for my Ruger SP101. Now she borrows my S&W 642 w/ XS night sights, CT laser grips and action job. When funds allow, I have to get her one set up the same way. Probably our next wedding anniversary (#28).