Sunglasses [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses

Stop CPR
02-19-2005, 11:23
There are a boat load of sunglasses available out there ranging from $10.00 to $200.00+. Has anyone found a reasonable pair that you can use on your bike and the range? I have broken lots of sunglasses because I don't sit behind the wheel and watch the fence go by. Any suggestions for eye wear?

python1340
02-19-2005, 11:37
Yes, at Bike Week (and other bike events), sunglasses and goggles are cheap. You can pick up several pairs at $5.00 each during those events. I usually wear those cheapo goggles when I ride, and leave them hanging on my bars when I park.

Texas T
02-19-2005, 18:13
Originally posted by python1340
You can pick up several pairs at $5.00 each during those events. Make sure these glasses absorb/reflect UV rays. If not, you are creating the possibility of damage to your eyes, especially if they are a very dark tint.

F14Scott
02-20-2005, 14:18
Hard to beat the prices on safety glasses, and they offer impact and UV protection. Many styles and, at <$10.00, they're practically disposable.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/safsun1.html

ateamer
02-20-2005, 15:46
Ray-Bans last forever. My current pair (Predator metal) has been holding up for three years or so, including a lot of riding with an open-face helmet. I've been wearing Ray-Bans for 20 years and have only had one failure; a hinge screw came loose.

fnfalman
02-21-2005, 09:57
For riders who don't wear helmets, how do you keep your sunglasses from flying off? I mean without the use of the keepers, that is.

python1340
02-21-2005, 10:14
Originally posted by fnfalman
For riders who don't wear helmets, how do you keep your sunglasses from flying off? I mean without the use of the keepers, that is.
If you wear sunglasses that curve tightly to the face, it's never a problem. I prefer cheap-o goggles anyway.

fnfalman
02-21-2005, 11:22
They don't fly off not even at freeway speed when you turn your head to check for traffic before changing lane?

SDS knife guy
02-23-2005, 10:05
Check your local welding supply store or hardware store for inexpensive safety glasses. The one's I use cost less than $5 a pair. I keep several pair of the clear ones around for riding and working in the shop. Guys I ride with use the tinted ones for daytime riding.

I personally like my Oakleys but that sure is a lot of money to spend on glasses. Mine have lasted me for several years but I still can't believe I spent that much money on them.

python1340
02-23-2005, 12:01
Originally posted by fnfalman
They don't fly off not even at freeway speed when you turn your head to check for traffic before changing lane?
Not if they curve to your head tightly.

MeatGrinder
02-25-2005, 22:58
Panoptix. They will not let any air in.

AggiePhil
02-26-2005, 11:56
Y'all should look at Wiley X sunglasses. I don't ride motorcycles, but I'm needing some new sungless and am tired of "the Oakley hype", so I'm looking at the Wiley P38s.

The Pontificator
03-01-2005, 19:56
When you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head
The first thing you do when you get up out of bed
Is hit that streets a-runnin’ and try to beat the masses
And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Spied a little thing and I followed her all night
In a funky fine levis and her sweater’s kind of tight
She had a west coast strut that was as sweet as molases
But what really knocked me out was her cheap sunglasses

(solo)

Now go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark thay won’t even know your name
And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes:
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses

AggiePhil
03-01-2005, 19:59
Put down the bottle, Glenn.

ff19106
03-06-2005, 17:40
I have taken the position that my eye's are worth more than the average "Cheapo's" so I purchased some Oakley Pro M Frames and purchased extra Lense's for Shooting and work!

While working I wear Irridium and when shooting I wear the Amber color lense's.

The protection and comfort are better than any I have owned in the past.

"Not a sale's pitch,just a satisfied customer" LOL

AggiePhil
03-06-2005, 18:40
I sent the Wileys back cause they were too big and looked weird. I then got this pair of Serengetis and love them.

http://www.serengetieyewear.com/images/web_jpegs/aDrivers/vedi_hn_dr.jpg