Harley Road King Police Bike [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Harley Road King Police Bike

AWMP
02-19-2005, 21:08
Need some input here. I am in the process of buying a 2004 Harley Road King Police bike, (2600 miles). Great Price and in perfect condition from a near by Harley Dealer.
Anyone else have one? Any and all you can tell me about this bike would be helpful, just trying to see what others think about it before I go final on the deal. Thanks
AW

Glock30fan
02-20-2005, 02:37
Try www.v-twinforum.com
They have a Police motor unit forum where you can read old threads about these bikes.

H.I.M
02-20-2005, 05:43
It is one of the best platforms to build what you want in a bike, or leave it as it is and ride. You will of course have to replace the seat if you plan on taking a passenger, and for that take a look at Mustang...great seat www.mustangseat.com. I have been thinking about buying one myself and making a custom out of it...nice stable mate to 2000 Ultra.

Ride safe

Dan

Dandapani
02-20-2005, 06:29
Does it still have the lights and siren? I assume the radio was pulled.

phddan
02-20-2005, 07:34
have a 96'. left the original seat with air bladder on and got a 8 suction cup stick on p-pad for the wife. she doesnt ride with me all that much and the bike looks so much better with just the original seat.
I'm 6'4" and the bike fits me good, can ride all day comfortably.

dan

AWMP
02-20-2005, 09:17
All the police gear has been taken off the bike. The Bike still looks really good, with just 2600 miles it was not used much.

AWMP
02-20-2005, 09:18
Did you take the black platform (radio mount) off the back? If so where did you relocate the air pressure gauge for the seat? Thanks

Dandapani
02-20-2005, 10:15
Originally posted by phddan
and got a 8 suction cup stick on p-pad for the wife

isn't that called a "b.... pad"

Stop CPR
02-20-2005, 11:55
I have a 2001 FLHTPI. Fuel injected. Engine is better than stock. I like the white color with all the PD stuff removed with a water jet. Runs great and when I bought it had only 5k miles on it. I saved three grand and bought a bike I knew was well cared for and serviced as it should be.

The new seat ran me about $400.00 and I asked new tires be mounted by the dealer. I have a removable wind screen. The saddle bags are easy to get in and out of and an after market company makes a chrome “hockey puck” to replace the black knob on the top of the bags.

Check it over to see if it has been laid down; if so go to the next one in line.

This a great way to save a couple of grand against a new bike.
;Z

phddan
02-20-2005, 15:38
AWMP,
the radio mount is still on mine. i use it to mount the ol ladys backrest. everyone that doesnt know and asks, i tell em thats the nitro can.

dmobrien2001,
ive always heard it as p, as in cat.

dan