You know you're a female gun enthusiast when ... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a female gun enthusiast when ...

MrsKey
02-22-2005, 08:56
Your husband buys you a new gun and 1,000 rounds of ammo for Valentine's Day and you're happy about it! ;f

Or when you start thinking about spending a weekend without the kid(s) and your deepest desire is to book a tactical weapons training class for the two of you!

Melissa Ann
02-22-2005, 09:10
How about...

thoughts of an upcoming honeymoon (a couple years away yet) are between Thunder Ranch or Chapman Academy. ;f

Jaegergirl
02-22-2005, 09:50
....you get a gun for mother's day. my husband/kids bought me my g26 for mother's day and you should have seen the looks i got from people when they asked what my family got me.

;a ;a

MrsKey
02-22-2005, 09:59
Originally posted by Jaegergirl
....you get a gun for mother's day. my husband/kids bought me my g26 for mother's day and you should have seen the looks i got from people when they asked what my family got me.

;a ;a

;z

I bet they're about the same as the looks I got when I told people I got a Taurus PT111 and 1,000 rounds of ammo for Valentine's! ;f

Jaegergirl
02-22-2005, 10:10
Originally posted by MrsKey
;z

I bet they're about the same as the looks I got when I told people I got a Taurus PT111 and 1,000 rounds of ammo for Valentine's! ;f

yes, probably the same! quite the nice v-day present you got there. i'll have to remember that for next year! ;f

Melissa Ann
02-22-2005, 10:50
Got a J-Frame for Christmas. Very nice gun!

We are lucky women, aren't we?? ;f

Jaegergirl
02-22-2005, 11:18
Originally posted by Melissa Ann
Got a J-Frame for Christmas. Very nice gun!

We are lucky women, aren't we?? ;f

oh, very nice gift!! :)

yes, lucky girls we are!

;Y cheers to us (and all the other gun-lovin' girls here)

SouthernGal
02-22-2005, 11:39
You give your ISO a funny look when he asks you "What kind of gun is this?"

MrsKey
02-22-2005, 12:02
;Y cheers to us (and all the other gun-lovin' girls here)

I'll raise a glass to that! ;c

Glockgirl26
02-22-2005, 12:26
I've not yet got a gun for V-Day, but for the last two years I got holsters and accessories. Last year I went into work, and the co-workers were asking me what I got, and I proudly announced that I got a holster, and they were like, "and you're okay with that?" I told them that was what I asked for.;f

MrsKitty
02-22-2005, 12:36
Originally posted by MrsKey
;z

Gee, and all I got was a stuffed Tweety, roses and a DVD :(

Maybe I need a better Valentine? ;)

Vic303
02-22-2005, 12:43
Of course, I got a Cold Steel Khukri LTC knife for Valentines day...:cool: I love my husband! He'd have gotten me another firearm, but $$'s tight...

MrsKey
02-22-2005, 15:55
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Gee, and all I got was a stuffed Tweety, roses and a DVD :(

Maybe I need a better Valentine? ;)

The catch was that I needed to give as good as I got... at the same gun show my darling husband saw a Springfield 1911 that he drooled over so I got him a .45 and he got me a compact 9mm and we both got ammo!

Wow - it's official. We're gun geeks. ;a

MrsKitty
02-22-2005, 19:17
But you are happy geeks! ;3 ;3 ;3

Glockgirl26
02-23-2005, 14:27
My SO likes to take the credit for turning me into a "gun geek". I've tried to tell him it started long before him...

Girlfriend
02-24-2005, 21:05
Okay ... so I haven't recieved a gun or any ammo for any significant holiday but one of the best dates that I have ever been on was last weekend my boyfriend and I went to a tactical shooting competition and it was a blast.
-K

pete1953
03-06-2005, 00:48
Back when we first got married 27 years ago, I bought a Buck folding Hunter with finger grooves for my wife for Christmas. (A pretty hot knife to carry many years ago). She was so proud of it and she showed it to her mom. What a face she made! I have since gotten her a Gerber than a Cold Steel Voyager and Surefire G2 for her purse. When she completed her first firearms training course, I said we would buy any firearm she wanted. She picked a S&W686+ 4" that she since swapped for my Ruger SP101. She has taken to my S&W642 for CCW. So for our next anniversary, I hope to be able to get her her own S&W642. Of course, it will need the customizing that I have put into mine! Got to take care of my lady - my love!

BTW, for our 25th anniversary, I suprised her with a Singer Featherweight sewing machine in excellent condition. She was overjoyed with that gift much to the suprise of her coworkers.

ThreadKiller
03-06-2005, 07:17
My wife is nuts about them Singer Featherweights too. I guess they come in handy if you're running a marathon and quilting at the same time. :)

It is a pretty neat little machine though. I prefer Model 70 Featherweights myself. :)

Tim

MrMurphy
03-07-2005, 15:21
I think a single trip turned Pilotkitten into a "gun geek" (I always was) as she now has indicated high interest in a Glock, and an AR-15, and maybe a Sub-2000, and a 1911, somewhere along that order....

MrMurphy
03-07-2005, 15:22
And with a Glock.....

Mrs. Tink
03-09-2005, 16:26
I got a Ladies Only Basic Pistol Course for Valentine's Day. Then when he saw I had a blast, he surprised me with a Walther P99!

;3

mrwiggins
03-09-2005, 17:11
I could find me a girl like the ones on this site!

Jaegergirl
03-09-2005, 17:17
Originally posted by Mrs. Tink
I got a Ladies Only Basic Pistol Course for Valentine's Day. Then when he saw I had a blast, he surprised me with a Walther P99!

;3

now THAT'S a pretty cool gift.. the class and the walther! :)

MrsKitty
03-10-2005, 02:15

;3

Go Tink! ;f

RyanSBHF
03-10-2005, 17:49

;3

It's a good gun. What caliber did you get? I have a 9mm.

Mrs. Tink
03-11-2005, 16:41
It is a 9mm as well. I dunno if sharing bullets is romantic, but we can now! ;f

Mrs.Cicero
03-11-2005, 19:04
you know you're a gun geek when you put "Featherweight" on your Christmas list, and hubby has to ask if you mean Singer or Winchester...
and you have to admit that you already HAVE the Winchester...

Mrs.C, (who is spending her upcoming annual kid-free vacation weekend with hubby taking our dozenth pistol class together, and can't imagine anything i'd like to be doing more).

PilotKitten
03-12-2005, 10:15
Awww... that's so sweet!! ;3 ;3

I hope my future hubby can be as "understanding" and "cooperative" as y'alls! ;f ;f

Jaegergirl
04-23-2005, 13:37
show everyone the new gun you just purchased!! of course, no one was that excited about it but i sure was.

i bought a brand new bersa thunder 380 yesterday. i've been eyeing it for months and have done lots of research on it. i didn't have a lot of $$ to spend and because it got favorable reviews and the price was right, i bought it.

my husband bought me my g26 for mom's day last year so this was the first gun i went and bought myself. i was a little nervous that the guys at the shop would treat me differently because i'm a woman, especially because my husband wasn't with me, but they were really cool. i told them since my husband just bought 2 m1 garands (a deal we couldn't pass up), that it was my turn for another gun and they laughed because they said their wives demand mall shopping sprees and dinners in exchange for their gun purchases. ;f

the only problem is i don't know when i'll get to the range to shoot it. it's such a tease to have a new toy and NOT be able to try it out.

Vic303
04-24-2005, 12:13
show everyone the new gun you just purchased!! of course, no one was that excited about it but i sure was.

the only problem is i don't know when i'll get to the range to shoot it. it's such a tease to have a new toy and NOT be able to try it out. Oh, wow, I know what you mean! I have 2 new pistols that I need to get to the range & shoot, esp. since one is destined to be my primary carry pistol, and I amhaving a hard time getting the rangetime scheduled! It's driving me nuts. 1 is a Walther P22 plinker, and the other my new Dan Wesson CCO 1911.
--Vic

Jaegergirl
04-24-2005, 14:48
Originally posted by Vic303
Oh, wow, I know what you mean! I have 2 new pistols that I need to get to the range & shoot, esp. since one is destined to be my primary carry pistol, and I amhaving a hard time getting the rangetime scheduled! It's driving me nuts. 1 is a Walther P22 plinker, and the other my new Dan Wesson CCO 1911.
--Vic

you too, huh? isn't it terrible!

too bad our range doesn't offer child care! ;f i'd be there all the time if they did! luckily my oldest son is just about old enough to watch his younger brother for an hour or two so it will make it a little easier to get range time in.

Vic303
04-24-2005, 16:12
Nope, no daycare at BTI... :(! And it'll be several years before mine are big enough/old enough to come along...we have 3 under 4yrs old currently. I keep pesteringmy husband to get our sitter to take the kids for an evening so we can go shoot. I have been pretty direct about it too--no vague hints from me! If I don't hear from him that arrangements have been made this week, I'm gonna find someone else to watch the kidlets for an evening.
--Vic

QUEENGLOCK
04-26-2005, 09:42
THATS OK, I LOVE IT!!!! LET THEM LOOK, I GOT LOOKS TOO WHEN I TOOK MY GUNS AND AMMO MAGAZINE TO THE DR.OFFICE THE OTHER DAY.
HAPPY V-DAY AND MOTHERS DAY TO YOU BOTH_______________ YOU ROCK!!!

AggiePhil
05-27-2005, 18:00
;i