Extended Mag Release and lefties. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extended Mag Release and lefties.

Motox
02-25-2005, 00:16
Has anyone had problems with dropping the mag by mistake from shooting left with a extended mag release? I heard a Armourer say it was common. What do you think?

Wulfenite
02-25-2005, 11:31
Never a problem for me.

candalos
02-25-2005, 13:20
Originally posted by Wulfenite
Never a problem for me.
Ditto!!;b
In recent years it has been suggested that the Second Amendment
protects the "collective" right of states to maintain militias,
while it does not protect the right of "the people" to keep and bear arms.
If anyone entertained this notion in the period during which the
Constitution and the Bill of Rights were debated and ratified, it remains
one of the most closely guarded secrets of the eighteenth century,
for no known writing surviving from the period between 1787 and 1791
states suggests such a thesis.

DAVEKO
02-26-2005, 17:37
Not a problem for me.........;f

hsvhobbit
03-01-2005, 07:15
have not had a problem, but don't use extended releases...I HAVE had a problem with the Sig228 release...to the point that I ground down the leading edge of the release..no problem now

mud390
03-01-2005, 14:17
On my 17 with normal mag release, I don't have any problems. On a Beretta 9mil set up for righties though, I dropped the clip countless times when shooting with only one hand. Very annoying. With the Beretta set up for a lefty, no problems with the mag release.

Kris

alex954
03-02-2005, 20:57
I had issues wiht my g22 I did have issues and dropped the magazine once, same night took off the extended magazine release.
From that day I havent had an issue since its no longer there;e

G19LEO
03-04-2005, 08:33
Only problem I had was with my G35. I didn't drop the mags, but the sharp sides of the corners of the release ripped my finger up!! It's nice when the part is made of polymer and you can just file the edges down. Five minutes later...problem solved!!!

sx-al
03-05-2005, 15:26
Hi guys. I just dont bother w/ the use of the slide stop as a slide release anymore. I gust yank the slide back w/ my right hand. I tried the HK 2000 full ambi and fell out of love w/ it real quick. Personally. I found it was a springy slide release. That is why I got the G21. No levers on the gun. When I used to carry my old G33 inside the pants, I ground off the outter portion of the slide stop for easier draw. It still functioned as a side stop. I loved it. I havent torn into the 21 yet but shes sill newish.

Al

KY Gun Geek
03-17-2005, 08:55
Originally posted by G19LEO
Only problem I had was with my G35. I didn't drop the mags, but the sharp sides of the corners of the release ripped my finger up!! It's nice when the part is made of polymer and you can just file the edges down. Five minutes later...problem solved!!!

2nd that on a G34. It even looks cool now.

sheepdog
03-17-2005, 16:10
Not with any auto I have carried, plenty of rounds from 1911s, most with extended CMC brand releases and even with shortened release springs. With a Smith auto I carried years ago, I did have the mag release pop the mag loose a couple of times when I was sitting in a chair and the button hit the solid armrest. That is one thing we have to worry about that righty folks don't, an outboard facing mag catch while carrying, but I don't see how it could happen more easily while shooting.

RenegadeGlocker
03-17-2005, 16:20
Originally posted by Motox
Has anyone had problems with dropping the mag by mistake from shooting left with a extended mag release? I heard a Armourer say it was common. What do you think?

No, that is not a problem. The problem for most lefties is the button rubbing your index finger.

edbird45
03-23-2005, 18:28
Renegade said.

"No, that is not a problem. The problem for most lefties is the button rubbing your index finger"

I have the same problem with the G26 (big hands). A little Dremeling took care of it, rounded it out. no extended mag releases for me. When shooting other people's guns the extended one does cause problems!

Extended slide stop is nice but as sx-al said, I also don't use it except to lock the slide back. Grab the rear of the slide with right hand, yank it back and let it go!!

EDBIRD45