Remington CDL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Remington CDL

liv2hunt
02-27-2005, 20:11
Hey Guys,

Do any of you own one of the new CDL's? I have really been admiring them in the magazines, but NO ONE around here has one for me to look at. In fact, one of the largest gun shops in town didnt even know what I was talking about, I had to get a catalog off the shelf to show the idiot.;g

Anyways, I really think I want one in a .243 but just want to know about the "quality" of the gun. As in comparison to a Browning Medallion or a Sako. Thanks.

vafish
02-27-2005, 20:55
I guess I'm with the gunshop idiot I'd never heard fo them before your post. Of course it's not my job to sell guns.

Remington lists it as a new model for 2005. It often takes manufacturers a while to bring out new guns in quantity after they announce them.

It looks like just another variation of the model 700.

Pat S
02-27-2005, 21:53
I saw one the other night at the Friends of NRA banquet, a really sweet gun. The sights are gone and a nice matte finish replaced the bright blue of the BDL. The barrel has grown from 22 to 24". The stock contours are much more attractive then the BDL and that gawdy shiny surface is gone and replaced by a satin finish. The stock appears to have come from a custom gun instead of a production gun. All in all I think it's a big improvement in looks over a BDL. And we all know Remington's shoot better then any other production rifle out of the box! Best of all they're made here in the USA!

Pat S.

mpol777
02-28-2005, 10:06
My old man has the '04 special edition of the CDL in .35 whelen. I haven't seen it myself so I can't say much except that he enjoys the rifle. The '04 model was only available as a special order so you probably won't see the full line for another 4-5 months.

mikedb
02-28-2005, 17:58
I saw one at Gander mtn. I always liked the 700 for accuracy, but hated the shiny stock on the BDL. The CDL is on my short list for purchases this year. Beautiful gun in person.

Hunterjbb
02-28-2005, 19:55
one yesterday at a local gunshop.. 7mm-08.. I'm going to buy one in .270 win.. I like it better then the BDL as it's not as gaudy looking with that mirror finish on the BDL.. and i like shape of the fore end with it being a little more tapered.. Over all i've always liked the fit of the remingtons for me best anyway..

The recoil pad is different and supposedly very good at recoil reduction.

Overall I like it, even though it's iron sightless.. I do kind of like them for backup just incase the scope buys the big one for some unknown reason..

Kind of like the 24" barrel also, though i'm not sure how much that will improve the accuracy or velocities etc..

Jeff.

PS: anyone have any thoughts on if it would be worth looking at the .270 WSM compared to a regular 270..

mikedb
02-28-2005, 22:21
Originally posted by Hunterjbb
one yesterday at a local gunshop.. 7mm-08.. I'm going to buy one in .270 win.. I like it better then the BDL as it's not as gaudy looking with that mirror finish on the BDL.. and i like shape of the fore end with it being a little more tapered.. Over all i've always liked the fit of the remingtons for me best anyway..

The recoil pad is different and supposedly very good at recoil reduction.

Overall I like it, even though it's iron sightless.. I do kind of like them for backup just incase the scope buys the big one for some unknown reason..

Kind of like the 24" barrel also, though i'm not sure how much that will improve the accuracy or velocities etc..

Jeff.

PS: anyone have any thoughts on if it would be worth looking at the .270 WSM compared to a regular 270..

I dont know if the extra cost of ammo for the WSM vs the 270 is worth the increase in downrange performance. 300 yds is about my limit for shots on game. Anyone have a Winchester Ammo table handy?