My first motorcyle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My first motorcyle

jbvspec
02-27-2005, 21:59
I just bought my first motorcycle. A 1981 Honda CM400C its dented, rusted, no longer shiny, and torn, but I absolutely love it and it is a blast to ride. Im not sure what makes me more giddy riding it or, having the knowledge that I finally convinced the wife to let me get it.

Glock30fan
02-28-2005, 03:53
Sounds like a good starter motorcycle. When you drop it moving it around the garage, or slide it down the street after finding a patch of gravel, you will not have to worry about a thousand plus dollar repair job, not to mention the emotional trauma that goes with it! Have fun, ride safe! Don't forget your helmet!

fnfalman
02-28-2005, 12:25
I remembered my first bike. It was an old Kaw EX500. I couldn't quite afford the car AND a rice rocket, so the Kaw was the next best thing. I had a lot of fun with it on the back roads until I got cocky and slid off the road. Thank goodness I was able to scrub off a lot of speed and the only damage was scratches to the body. Of the bike, that is. The incident gave me a good awakening though.

greenleaf
03-04-2005, 22:03
i admire your wisdom for getting a good starter bike. i have seen soooooo many idiots that want to, and sometimes do, start out riding on some thing waaaay over thier head. i have talked several people out of getting a zx10r or a hayabusa as their first bike. id like to think i possibly save their lives. kudos to you for being intelligent, good luck and safe riding....

green