Requested for a car forum, but nobody posts in it? OK...Ford sucks!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Requested for a car forum, but nobody posts in it? OK...Ford sucks!!!

fnfalman
02-28-2005, 12:03
Maybe this'll draw some traffic into the forum?;f

But seriously though, what's a good Ford? Other than the GT which most normal folks can't afford and the retro-to-death Mustang, what's a good Ford/Lincoln/Mercury product that's exciting to own? We're not talking about Ford-owned stuff like Jaguar and Aston Martin, but Ford Ford stuff.

JMag
02-28-2005, 12:08
Why are we not talking about Ford-owned exotics? They count, don't they??

BTW, I think the new 'stang and the coming ragtop version are nice rides.

As to trucks, Ford is still...number one last I checked.

I just thought I'd jump in early in the discussion...;e

fnfalman
02-28-2005, 13:43
Why not count Ford-owned exotics? Because for the same reason as not calling Ferrari a Fiat or Audi/Bentley/Lamborghini a VW.

Ford F150 is the number selling full-sized pickup. No ifs, ands, or buts. However, that doesn't make it the best pickup.

I rather like the new Mustang. Anything is better than the Fox bodies, it's just that I can't comprehend how a company like that making an iconic vehicle can't hire some good designers to come out with something distinctive instead of having to dust off the old model. It's like Mercedes is making an SL that happen to almost look exactly like the old Gull Wing.

Chevy's Caddilac division has some mean stuff coming out. Dodge already fired the first missle with the 300C and the SRT version of it is coming up. Pontiac is featuring the GTO, not much of a looker, but still a performer.

Ford brought back the Five Hundred badge and stuff the tired old V-6 in it. Huh?

SIGSAREBETTER
02-28-2005, 15:40
The Ford Focus. Amazing car, unbelievably fun to drive and well-balanced, an excellent aftermarket platform, a classy interior, good gas mileage, and my 145,xxx mile old ZX3 feels as though it has 14,000 miles.

Wmarden
02-28-2005, 18:05
CVPI, size, power, and a light bar. I love driving those things.

Ford302Glock21
02-28-2005, 18:47
Hmmmm...anything is better than the old foxbodies huh? Well count me out as I own two Fox bodies.

I'm a mustang fan through and through but I'm also poor so I have an 87 GT which I'm workin on makin sweet and eventually relatively fast reliable street car.

As for the new ones. Sometimes they look butt ugly, other times they seem to look good. I saw the commercial for the new droptop and it did look pretty good. The interior seems to be growing on me but I have yet to sit in one. I'll be more entertained when the next gen CObra comes out because the 03-04 Cobras were pretty much the fastest production mustang ever made and ran quite impressive stock. I'll have to do alot of work to catch up with one...well heads, cam, intake, and traction of course. Not cheap though.

As far as everything else...I think the Ford GT is just bad fricken ass and makes me more proud to be a Ford guy. Sure very few people can afford or get hands on one but no less bad ass. Dont matter if its 80k or 130k as I'm not planning to even spend 5k.

As for F150s...its a gimmick as much as I hate to say it as a Ford guy...the only reason the F series is the number one best selling truck is because Chevrolet and GMC make practically the same truck with a different badge in the grille. Technically Ford wins, in reality GM wins.

The 500...have no clue what that crap is about...only interesting thing was the AWD...otherwise eww big deal. They are going the same ugly route as chevy with the little metro lookin turd and the Cobalt(bahaha). The vettes are just getting out of hand for power and the GTO got bumped to 400 horses...uhoh no more mister slow grand am lookin bs name plate car with no similarity with its original version. I gotta get my arse in gear and get the stang rollin out with some good heads so I can keep up with the 30k$ cars comin out.

vart
02-28-2005, 19:06
Originally posted by fnfalman
what's a good Ford/Lincoln/Mercury product that's exciting to own?
I find this rather exciting ;)
http://www.autopress.be/Temporaires/FORD%20GT%202.jpg

Or this:

http://www.allcarpictures.com/pictures/mercury/marauder/mercury-marauder.jpg
(though a 300hp old-man car may not be too exciting to some, I really like the CV platform. My `97 Police Interceptor was a great car as far as reliability and gas mileage; 27mpg hwy)

Ghetto
02-28-2005, 19:12
Get a 94/95 GT vert,build a nice AFR headed 393 and you're set :cool:

I also have a Focus and I love it,it's about to turn 30,000 miles and it's been Auto Xed,drag raced,carried engines,trannys etc... and has never given me 1 problem.

Tvov
03-01-2005, 15:51
Originally posted by Ford302Glock21

I'm a mustang fan through and through but I'm also poor so I have an 87 GT which I'm workin on makin sweet and eventually relatively fast reliable street car.

As for F150s...its a gimmick as much as I hate to say it as a Ford guy...the only reason the F series is the number one best selling truck is because Chevrolet and GMC make practically the same truck with a different badge in the grille. Technically Ford wins, in reality GM wins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A friend has a 1987 LX 5.0 he bought new, now has over 200,000mi on it. There is not much left on it that is stock. He regularly races SCCA style races with it. Great car!

I am a big Ford truck fan, but the real problem (IMO) with how they do numbers is that the F-series trucks are NOT all the same. The F150 is very different than the F250-350 (even the body style is different!), and the F450-550 are basically medium trucks, not light pickups. That is three different, distinct trucks in my opinion.

Ford302Glock21
03-01-2005, 16:01
Yea I at least consider F150 through 350 to be fair game because so many people personally own all of them especially with the super duty and power strokes lately. I work at Home Depot and see hundreds of them daily in all forms. Now when you start talking 450 and up those are not pickup trucks, they are industrial trucks. But I'm sure chevy and dodge do the same thing in selling theirs.

allglock
03-01-2005, 21:39
I second the Mercury Marauder! Real nice car. And FAST!

Texas_Preacher
03-02-2005, 06:47
Originally posted by JMag
As to trucks, Ford is still...number one last I checked.

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean good ;) (J/K!)

At least ford got rid of that butt-ugly F150 style and went back to looking like a real truck instead of a melted, stepped on mini-van. :cool:

A_Swede_17_1911
03-03-2005, 13:02
The F-series trucks, usally out sell the Chevy and GMC trucks combined. its not much a gimick, they really do dominate alot of the truck market.

My favorite Ford is probably the discontinued Bronco line.

CZ-75A
03-03-2005, 14:41
I won't disagree. ;f

Ford302Glock21
03-03-2005, 15:38
Well I kind of remember someone actually pulling up some sales numbers and GM was higher sales with combination of GMC and Chevy...of course I never admit to being 100% right about much of anything

gixxer11
03-03-2005, 20:31
My Dad has a Marader, it's pretty fast for a that size of car. What really impressed me was the handling, WOW. That thing corners great! SVT Focus, Mustang GT, Cobra (come on, it takes the Vette head on!),they're trucks, especially the diesels & Lightning/Harley models, Lincoln LS, and that's just what's out now. There are some really intresting models coming out soon, too. Hell, at least they build rear-drive cars onlike some other manufacturer I know of. I knew this forum would turn into a Ford vs. GM room. To each, they're own.

gixxer11
03-03-2005, 20:34
Oh yeah, almost forgot the Saleen Windstar! 0-to the soccer game in 4.2 sec. 5-point harnesses for the child seats.

Clockwork
03-04-2005, 19:28
The current F150 is far and away a better pickup than the current Chevy, IMHO. But then again, the Ford is a brand new design. I bet you could swap out the head and tail lights on a new and old Chevy and you would not be able to tell the difference. Both inside and out.

The Mustang is way better looking than the Camaro...oops, Chevy doesn't make the Camaro anymore..;)

The Five Hundred was built to replace the Taurus and I think it is a big improvement...;e Even with the crappy engine, which I think they will replace sooner or later.

The thing I really like right now about the new Fords as compared to Chevy are the interiors.

Just my two cent.

MGomez81
03-06-2005, 12:21
I don't know why, but I like the look of the Ford Crown Victoria.

http://www.boballenonline.com/library/images/shared/flm/04_CrownVic_3.jpg

Then again, I like big sedans with a nice front and actual trunk.

I love the Audi brand. My father has owned an A4 and now an A6, and he swears by them.

The epitome of sexy and classy...
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/wheels/img/may03/audibig052803.jpg

^7 ^7 ^7

phxtravis
03-07-2005, 19:39
I want one of Fords Austrailian FPV vehicles:
http://www.fpv.com.au/upload/image/356_1x24x200382452PM.jpg
http://www.fpv.com.au/upload/image/355_1x24x200382610PM.jpg
http://www.fpv.com.au/upload/image/1185_23x02x200540627PM.jpg
http://www.fpv.com.au/upload/image/1148_30x09x2004111903AM.jpg

Ford302Glock21
03-07-2005, 20:02
Acura RSX with ranger bed welded on lol

tpiini
03-12-2005, 18:59
I don't have the time to try & count the cars I've owned. I'm really not a brand-loyal type, but strangely, I've never owned a Ford. I've driven bunches of them, but just never had one scream, "Buy me!" I've got one car with a Ford engine in it, but I don't think that counts. Now enter the new Mustang. Ooooh. I could do that. That car is beautiful! If I didn't already have, well, uhm, "about" 8 cars in the garage right now, I think I'd be shopping at my local Ford dealer.