Muscle Milk [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Milk

45acp4me
03-03-2005, 12:05
Has anyone had good results with this stuff? I bought a couple pounds to try it and the taste is fantastic, but I can't tell if it's really any better that ON or designer whey. One thing I did notice is that it may have raised my body temperature a little bit. I had about three shakes over the course of an evening and I felt warmer at night than I normally do.

Just curious if you guys have had any decent results with it and if it worth the extra money.

Thanks!
Glen

testosterone
03-04-2005, 08:29
in my humble opinion BEST DANG PROTEIN ON THE MARKET. I've used it exclusevely for about 2 yrs now....EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT. A raise in body temp could be cause by a raise in metabolism, meaning that your body temp raises a bit to burn fat (simple terms)...
also the mocha joe flavor has caffine so if you are using that flavor it could cause a temp issue....

I have atleast 15 cans in different flavors in my pantry...
did i mention that I LOVE that stuff? Ive tried almost every brand of protein out there and MMilk is the only one that tastes incredible and mixes with ease and doesnt make me gag when i drink it. I take 3 scoops 3x a day.

btw, dpsnutrition.com has them for 20 bucks a can....

Glock13
03-05-2005, 15:29
How does the cost compare to Optimum 100% Whey?

testosterone
03-05-2005, 22:42
IMO it doesnt compare....Muscle Milk, again in my opinion (and ive used just about every protein supplement out there and have friends who are professional bodybuilders/powerlifters) they all stick with Muscle milk.....
Optimum is a good average whey...it tastes OK but it upsets my stomach....its one of the best selling protiens out there cuase its inexpensive and you can find it just about everywhere.
not many people are dedicated enough to spend 60-80 a month on muscle milk...
whey is very bio-available..but it absorbs very quickly. the protein in muscle milk is more 'time released' so its active in your system for longer...and its just tastes GREAT.cookies and creme is my favorite flavor.....
just buy a can and try it out and see how ya like it

45acp4me
03-06-2005, 09:12
Originally posted by Glock13
How does the cost compare to Optimum 100% Whey?

Muscle Milk is about $20 for 2.4 lbs. + shipping.

ON whey is about $25 for 5lbs. + shipping.

I usually have a shake or two of each on hard workout days. I would spend way too much money one just Muscle Milk alone. Unfortunately all other protiens taste like monkey butt compared to Muscle Milk. You could tell your kids it's a strawberry shake and they would believe you.

Regards,
Glen