Which Manufacture? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which Manufacture?

lion711
03-03-2005, 21:26
I want to buy a 300 WSM w/ Leupold Varilux (unsure of style/power) scope.
My question is, of these Mfg., what are some of your feelings: Browning, Kimber, Savage, Winchester, Remington.

Will use rifle for target, fun shooting and hunting, and wanted something easy to carry, accurate, dependable - total price about $1000-$1400 ok.

Additionally - synthetic/stainless or the classic beauty of wood/blued.

Thanks for your thoughts -

mpol777
03-04-2005, 13:00
I don't own one, so take this for what it's worth, but I'd go for the Kimber. In fact the model 84 classic in .260rem is my next planned purchase. I had never looked at them until some folks started taking about them and I'm completely impressed. The little details are all there on those guns. My only reservation would be getting such a light rifle in .300 WSM. It'll definately have some thump to it.

I personally prefer blued guns with wood stocks for the looks. If I'm going to camo the gun, then it doesn't much matter.

USPcompact
03-04-2005, 17:29
Get a Tikka in SS/synthetic and outshoot the ones listed for less money.

lion711
03-04-2005, 19:36
Roger on the thump - I'm sure it will kick a bit; was thinking of adding a recoil pad from "Limbsaver".

Had not thought about Tikka/Sako - will consider. There is a gun show this weekend in Tampa and I'll do a touchy-feely on what is there.

Thanks for the comments.