Anyone near Omaha Nebraska? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Omaha Nebraska?

cabal_88
03-04-2005, 11:55
Are there any Glockers near Omaha, NE? I'd really like to find somebody around here that would be willing to help me out at the range with technique and whatnot.

I just purchased my first handgun (G31) 2 or 3 weeks ago and have had to try and teach myself how to shoot. I won't try and say that I'm a good shot, at most I'm capable of defending myself in my home at fairly short ranges, but thats not good enough for me. I don't want to form any bad shooting habits.

Anyway, if you happen to shoot up at the Bullet Hole at all please drop me a line, I'd really appreciate it. The only shooting my friends do is either with rifles or with MY Glock and I won't learn a thing from them.

Thanks,
Jeff Schjodt

cmzneb
03-12-2005, 23:25
I would recommend coming to one of these bowling pin shoots. They are very informal, alot of fun, and you will have the opportunity to meet many other shooters in the area.

http://nebraskapinshooters.tripod.com

I don't shoot at the Bullet Hole often because I live closer to Lincoln so I mostly utilize the outdoor ranges.

There are about 20-25 members here on GT from Nebraska that I know of.

RyanSBHF
03-19-2005, 15:05
I live in Omaha, NE. The Bullet Hole is a good range, you can read about it http://www.thebh.com . I also did a search that might help you :http://web.ask.com/web?q=shooting+ranges+in+Omaha%2C+NE&qsrc=0&o=0

cabal_88
03-19-2005, 19:27
Thanks for the replys guys. I would definately like to attend one of the bowling pin matches, even if it's just as a spectator for the first time.

cmzneb
03-19-2005, 21:11
Originally posted by cabal_88
even if it's just as a spectator for the first time.

Thats what they all say! Thats what I said too at first. Bring your gun when you come to spectate. You will want to join in!

cabal_88
03-21-2005, 19:02
lol, yeah I wouldn't dream of coming up unprepared despite my initial intentions.

357glocker
03-25-2005, 14:31
Seriously consider going to the bowling pin matches. If it wasn't for my work schedule I'd go to each and every one, but I can't so I only make it to a few of them. I need more sick days:) Your G31 will be a good gun for those matches. I loose almost every match and still have a great time, plus it makes great practice. Just this year I qualified at work with a perfect pistol score. I blame it on practicing with bowling pin targets (little human silouetts basically!)

cabal_88
03-26-2005, 12:52
Thanks for the replies guys. The good news is that my shooting is improving, as I've been hitting the range very hard lately. This week alone I've put 600+ rounds downrange (357glocker, I'll save todays brass for you!).
In 2 weeks or so I'm going to be purchasing at least 1 new Glock (but quite likely 2), who has the best prices around here? I paid too much for my G31 at Guns Unlimited because I was impatient and wanted it now! lol. Also, who has the cheapest FFL transfer fees in case I decide to order one?

I am now absolutely hooked on Glocks and shooting in general. It's expensive, but oh so fun!

;f

- Jeff

357glocker
03-28-2005, 07:28
600+ rounds;P Maybe you should start to reload also! Call Carl Jarl locksmith on 114th and I. He does transfers and has always had good service for me. Best prices in Omaha, hmmm? G.U. always has run high on prices, might try scheels or keep an eye on the classified ads in the paper. Which model are you looking for?

cabal_88
03-28-2005, 20:11
I want to get a G33 and an OD G19. New on both would be preferable. I'm also looking to get a shiney new Bushmaster rifle as well. :cool:

Unfortunately, I know nothing about reloading. I'm sure I'll look into it eventually, but I need to learn quite a bit more about firearms, shooting, and ammo first.

OmahaNE
03-30-2005, 12:22
Have you tried asking at the Bullet Hole? I would imagine that they could pair you up with an instructor.