Would you buy a car from a company that can't even get it's website to work?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a car from a company that can't even get it's website to work??

vart
03-04-2005, 20:43
I can buy Ford vehicles through my company on the X-plan, which would save me about $1000 off of sticker.
I'm looking for a car/SUV crossover for under $22k out the door.
Ford introduced their new Freestyle which fits the bill nicely, with my X-plan pricing.
However, I can't get their website to load:( :( :( .
I have no problem getting all of the other car manufacturers' websites to work, but Ford's won't go.
The last Ford I owned was a `99 F150 that was in the shop at least once a month and it was a babied low-mileage truck that my wife drove.
So, I'm already a little leary of Ford products, but I heard that the new Freestyle is based on a Volvo platform.
Unfortunately, I can't get any specific info on it because the stinkin' website is messed up ;g .
Seems to me that it's a sign to stick with Honda/Toyota/Nissan products;) .

trojan
03-05-2005, 22:29
I owned a '91 Ford Probe. I got to about 150,000 miles before it started to give me any real trouble. After that it seemed I was having major work done on it every few months. Before that I can not complain about it. I also tried the ford website and it opened for me.

geminicricket
03-05-2005, 22:49
Vart, find out which manufacturing plant handles the web pages, and don't buy anything they build there. Blasted union!

vart
03-05-2005, 23:41
I did a bunch of research on the new Freestyle and 500 and the general consensus is that they suck;Q .

I went to a Ford dealership today and confirmed the stuff I read on the internet. The interiors are cheap and the motors are gutless.

I also checked out the new Mustangs, and while they look very nice, they are very cheaply made;g .

I sat in a base V6 model and the interior panels looked and felt so cheap, they reminded me of a early `80's Ford Granada I owned years ago.

I qualify for the X-plan, but like I told the salesman trying to sell me a Ford; there is nothing they have for under $25k that I would consider owning.

I used to be a hard core Ford guy in high school when I drove and raced Torinos and Rancheros. But Ford seems to have gone waaay down hill the last couple of years.

What was really sad, was that the Ford dealer also sold Kia, and they looked and felt of higher quality than the Fords;P .

I also stopped by a GM dealer, and it was the same story; everything looked and felt cheap and crappy.

Guess that's what I get for driving a 2005 Nissan and a 2001 Infiniti;)

Clydeglide
03-06-2005, 16:59
Vart,

try this (http://www4.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/AXZPlan.jsp?referrer=AXZ&PlanType=X)

:cool:

dfowler21
03-09-2005, 07:32
Sure I would. After all, I bought a pistol from a company that doesnt put any effort into its website ;f

I really want a new Mustang myself, but this blasted gun buying habit keeps taking all my funds.

vart
03-09-2005, 18:36
Originally posted by dfowler21
I really want a new Mustang myself,
I also love the looks of the new Mustang, but after actually sitting in one and experiencing the crappy fit and finish, cheap materials, and overall junkie feeling of the car, I don't think I'll waste $25k on one;g .

phxtravis
03-09-2005, 20:05
Originally posted by vart
I also love the looks of the new Mustang, but after actually sitting in one and experiencing the crappy fit and finish, cheap materials, and overall junkie feeling of the car, I don't think I'll waste $25k on one;g .

you can blame Japan and our government for that...

Dandapani
03-10-2005, 06:06
Originally posted by phxtravis
you can blame Japan and our government for that...

Ok, I'll bite. Why can we "blame" Japan and our government for that...?

phxtravis
03-10-2005, 07:28
you ever heard of ralph nader? he helped start the whole plastic thing, cause it's safer(he is also the guy who killed the Corvair, and Pinto). And Japan brought in comprable cars that were/are cheaper than the big 3. Not saying either is a bad thing, however.