Stat from Runner's World Magazine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stat from Runner's World Magazine

ewert
03-05-2005, 03:41
In an article in this Month's Runner's World Magazine I read that by ingesting only 100 extra calories per day will compute to 10 pounds of weight gain if you are not exercising. So by eating two cookies after lunch, there is your ten pounds. Just thought it was interesting. I know I have started to watch the intake more and am working on increasing the output in the form of running and workouts. Gotta loose 10 pounds, so no cookies for me!

Cheers

geminicricket
03-24-2005, 22:05
I read somewhere that the America obesity problem is the equivalent of 1 potato chip extra each day. Spread that across 72 years and I guess it adds up.

anomad
03-26-2005, 22:03
Originally posted by ewert
In an article in this Month's Runner's World Magazine I read that by ingesting only 100 extra calories per day will compute to 10 pounds of weight gain if you are not exercising. So by eating two cookies after lunch, there is your ten pounds. Just thought it was interesting. I know I have started to watch the intake more and am working on increasing the output in the form of running and workouts. Gotta loose 10 pounds, so no cookies for me!

Cheers

The standard guidance for cyclists is to try and lose one pound/per week to get down to your "fighting weight" before race season. That come out to about 100 calories a day (that is to say a 100 caloric defecit). Eat less than that and you sacrifice energy for your workouts, more and you gain. It requires keeping a food log and weighing all your caloric intake.
It works, I've done it. That said, I could stand to lose about 5 or even 10 pounds right now and my season starts next weekend!! doh!

SouthernGal
03-29-2005, 14:52
a pat of butter.