Finally got the call!!!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the call!!!!!!

jay29
03-05-2005, 20:17
After a 3 year wait (list expires in august), scoring 90 on the civil service test with 125 people ahead of me, the interview, passing the CPAT test, getting my EMT-B certification, I finally got the call I was waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mayor said they got it down to 19 candidates and chose 3 out of the nineteen and I was one of the three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy I can scream!!!! Then the Chief called to congradulate me!!!

The next step is the physical exam. I am not in great shape, I can stand to lose 20 pounds (I have no other problems). Would this stop me from getting the job? The mayor said I was hired..........This is the only thing I am worried about...

I can't wait to put in my two weeks notice at my current ***** job!!!!

DaleGribble
03-05-2005, 22:30
20 pounds shouldn't knock you out of the job if you're still in reasonably good shape.

hotpig
03-06-2005, 12:02
We do not even look at weight(against the law anyway, just like race and sex.) If you pass the Physical agility written, verbal,and medical physical you would be hired here.

Glkster19
03-11-2005, 16:41
3 year wait? I thought the CPAT scores were only for 6 months. Anyways, congrats.

Gloc kMN
03-16-2005, 14:57
We do not even look at weight(against the law anyway, just like race and sex.)

FYI in Minnesota (and most other states) and Federally, weight is not a protected class like sex and race/ethnicity.......

IANAL but I did attend (a previously assumed wasted) 8 hours of harrassment training....:cool:

modgun
03-16-2005, 15:09
Originally posted by jay29

The next step is the physical exam. I am not in great shape, I can stand to lose 20 pounds (I have no other problems). Would this stop me from getting the job?

Only if you cant pass the test. The hard test.
Does "I am not in great shape" mean "not in GREAT shape," or "in bad shape?"

Whatever the case may be, just start running anyway, you are a firefighter now. Get your butt in shape. Hell, you should have been running all three years!

Congrats!

;f

newlyg23
03-17-2005, 05:25
Congrats, I retired from my dept. in 2000, 231/2 yrs. Hope your new job is as good for you as mine was.;Y