Submitting finished work. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Submitting finished work.

lm921
03-06-2005, 19:52
I cannot find anyone to submit my work to.
Anyone have any names and addresses of companies who will read your work??

Thanks in advance

Miss Maggie
03-06-2005, 20:18
Have you checked out the Writer's Markets? Several different versions exist and are available at the larger book stores. They have information on hundreds of different publishing companies.

It's good to decide where your writing falls and go through the market books looking specifically for a publisher who buys your kind of work. For example, articles would require a different publisher than a short story or a novel and so on.

Glennbo
03-08-2005, 01:18
Originally posted by Miss Maggie
Have you checked out the Writer's Markets? Several different versions exist and are available at the larger book stores. They have information on hundreds of different publishing companies.

It's good to decide where your writing falls and go through the market books looking specifically for a publisher who buys your kind of work. For example, articles would require a different publisher than a short story or a novel and so on. Good advice. Once you locate a potential market, they will have guidelines clearly stated for you to follow (format, cover letter, word number, etc...).

lm921
03-09-2005, 17:45
thanks for the replys :)
I will check out our local book store.