NEW Lefty AR-15 seen in gun rag... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NEW Lefty AR-15 seen in gun rag...

JMag
03-06-2005, 21:33
can't remember which one and who makes it. Did anyone else catch the article? Of course, the reviewer liked it. It did look very nice and it was accurate.

spookshack
03-06-2005, 23:12
I have'nt seen the articale, but I recently saw an ad for for one.I believe the company is stag arms. This AR was 100% lefty.

mud390
03-07-2005, 01:34
That would be a nice change from the "deflector" for us. That thing sucks! Every time I've tried to use it, it always manages to fall off and I just have to deal with hot shells and powder in my eyes. What a headache.

Kris

creekerdoug
03-09-2005, 18:17
DPMS makes a nice left handed AR. I've handled a couple but I haven't shot one. I toyed with the idea of getting one but settled on a right handed Bushmaster. It's way easier to sell a right handed gun if you have to. There are always a lot of rightys in the secondary market.

I've found a right handed AR with an ambi-safety works well for me. I can drop the slide release with my left index finger and not change my grip. For a mag change, I'll hit the mag release button with a finger on the right hand as I move a fresh mag near the mag well. I also like being able to hit the bolt assist with my left thumb without changing my grip.

I now have two Bushmasters and I haven't been hit with a single piece of brass. The brass deflector on the receivers works well for me.

3rdpig
03-09-2005, 18:24
I've never had a problem with normal AR's, I've never been hit with brass or burning powder residue. I've also found the standard controls to be easy to adapt to.

Sticking with a standard AR and learning to adapt to the controls means that you'll never have trouble getting parts and if for some reason you have to use another AR you'll be able to pick it up and start shooting with no learning curve.