Who Else Smells Crappie Fishing in the Air? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Smells Crappie Fishing in the Air?


mossy500camo
03-07-2005, 21:24
I sure do.;f

noway
03-07-2005, 21:53
Actually our crappie run has died down. later parts of the year and the 1st 2-3 months are the best time. As the waters warm up the fish go deeper and are less attracted to eatin. The best time for these fishes are in 75-77deg waters. As we get more closer to warmer months the fishing gets worst and worser. I love to catch them but I have todo some traveling to areas where they are more popular.

BUT......Sunfish and Mayan makes up for the difference. I whent out this sunday and caught over 12 using a light crappie-leadjig, double up and the bass asasin speckle bodies. I fished a drop off in a major canal way and did alright. Bass wasn't bittin that much even tho I did caught 2 smaller ones.

MrJinx
03-07-2005, 22:30
Lucky! I'm still watching the ice thaw in Michigan. I guess it makes you appreciate the short fishing season we do have.

git_r_dun0405
03-15-2005, 20:56
My barber said that he and his grandsons caught 75 yesterday on Lake Harding in East Alabama. He also gave me a big butterbowl full of fillets.;f

mudfootball
03-15-2005, 23:08
i have gotten screwed on local crappie fishing, you see the areas that i once frequented are now stocked with trout which makes them off limits the month of march, is that crap or what?
kt

AR15'em
03-17-2005, 02:02
Yes, crappie fishing is right around the corner. I'd hoped to get a little fishing in this week, but the weather has been cold and rainy, and very windy. Wind is a big PITA when you're trolling 12-15 rods!

Crappie fishing is actually my favorite fishing. My brother has been fishing Sinclair here all winter, and has done pretty well on the dock lights at night. I just can't get in to cold weather fishing, but the warm stuff is bringing me around.

What's your best fish? Mine was a few ounces shy of 3lbs, and is actually the lake record for Lake Tobesofkee in Macon. Its my only claim to fame! I used to fish the lake a lot in high school, but spend most of my time now on Oconee.

git_r_dun0405
03-18-2005, 17:13
Originally posted by AR15'em
Yes, crappie fishing is right around the corner. I'd hoped to get a little fishing in this week, but the weather has been cold and rainy, and very windy. Wind is a big PITA when you're trolling 12-15 rods!

Crappie fishing is actually my favorite fishing. My brother has been fishing Sinclair here all winter, and has done pretty well on the dock lights at night. I just can't get in to cold weather fishing, but the warm stuff is bringing me around.

What's your best fish? Mine was a few ounces shy of 3lbs, and is actually the lake record for Lake Tobesofkee in Macon. Its my only claim to fame! I used to fish the lake a lot in high school, but spend most of my time now on Oconee.

Long Time No See.. Hey they are biting on Lake Harding, under bridges and when the temp is around 65-70 degrees.

Ihave heard a few reports of crappies being caught on West Point Lake as well.

I really dont know what my best weight would be. But we catch alot of big crappies.:) Peace and good luck.:)

duncan
03-20-2005, 00:50
Originally posted by git_r_dun0405
My barber said that he and his grandsons caught 75 yesterday on Lake Harding in East Alabama. He also gave me a big butterbowl full of fillets.;f

Yummie.

We have some in Western WA!

Season opens April 15th - same time as spring turkey hunting opener!

Dang!

git_r_dun0405
03-20-2005, 15:53
Originally posted by duncan
Yummie.

We have some in Western WA!

Season opens April 15th - same time as spring turkey hunting opener!

Dang!

Dang! Thats a hard choice. So which are you going to do?;c