Dyno Shootout Valdosta [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Shootout Valdosta

Clydeglide
03-08-2005, 09:48
Think your bike lays down some power?

How about 701 Rear Wheel Horsepower? That's a bunch!!

Article (http://www.amaprostar.com/press_releases/valdosta%202005/djhorsepower.asp)

I gotta get a turbo.;f

:cool:

fnfalman
03-08-2005, 11:46
More Powwa, More Betta!!!

gixxer11
03-09-2005, 19:46
I knew it was a matter of time untill someone did it. They have been hovering in the 650 range for a couple of years. I saw a video of a Swedish bike with 700hp blow up on the dyno. It hit 700 and like clockwork it exploded, flames everywhere. It said they were running 35+ psi of boost! Congratulations to NLR, those guys are Jedi knights of engine building!

Clydeglide
03-09-2005, 21:00
Originally posted by gixxer11
I knew it was a matter of time untill someone did it. They have been hovering in the 650 range for a couple of years. I saw a video of a Swedish bike with 700hp blow up on the dyno. It hit 700 and like clockwork it exploded, flames everywhere. It said they were running 35+ psi of boost! Congratulations to NLR, those guys are Jedi knights of engine building!

The bike that did 701 is the bike that Christer built in Sweden. Hank bought it from him last year and had it taken to Valdosta. Christer built the engine using an NLR turbo kit. He is an engineer for Volvo in their turbo engine development section.

Credit where credit is due.

gixxer11
03-10-2005, 16:59
Thanks for the info, Clydeglide.

Clydeglide
03-10-2005, 17:20
Originally posted by gixxer11
Thanks for the info, Clydeglide.

I am not taking anything away from NLR. They make some serious HP.;f

epsylum
03-15-2005, 22:27
Now they need to go put the power down at the track. I mean someone has to put up a fight with Velocity and thier 200mph drag/street bike. If next season of Prostar works out like the last half of last season, Velocity is going to beat everyone like red-headed step children.

When they were at indy last year they ran over 200mph and a 7.1 in the quarter. They said they would have qualified 5th for the Prostock field on a street-legal bike on DOT tires and no bar.

I would love to see a Busa vs. Busa showdown in Prostar next year.

Oh I didn't even know methanol was legal for a supposed streetbike dyno shootout. Heck, someone needs a Nitromethane bike then, if non-gasoline fuels are legal.