Any Wilco fans in the house? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any Wilco fans in the house?

84S
03-10-2005, 20:13
Great albums and great shows are put on by this band

Kevin108
03-10-2005, 22:21
I love Wilco, I always buy gas there!

Just kidding. Yeah, Jeff Tweedy is brilliant! If you like him check out Uncle Tupelo. It's a band he was in with Jay Farrar from Son Volt. Awesome awesome music.

84S
03-10-2005, 22:41
I saw Uncle Tupelo play in 1991? in Chapel Hill NC. Those early 90 years are kind of cloudy for me

Kevin108
03-16-2005, 20:11
Glad to see everybody chimed in here. LOL Well at least two of us have good taste in music.;f

84S
03-16-2005, 21:39
A lot of the guys here are still listening to their Boston and Journey albums;) Not that there is anything wrong with that, and the dorks are still listening to Rush and Dream Theater, boring!

Kevin108
03-17-2005, 15:20
I went through the classic rock spell about 4 years ago when it was all stuff I still hadn't heard yet. Creedence Clearwater Revival is my most favorite band ever. I'm into like 60s motown/soul stuff right now. Wilson Picket, Sam Cook, Otis Redding, etc. Just bought the Four Tops Anthology last week. But while I write this I'm listening to Future Leaders of the World. I love music.

Goldendog Redux
03-27-2005, 20:42
I have become less of a Wilco fan over the years. Jay Farrar on the other hand, can do no wrong. I absolutely love Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt and Jay.

Wilco seems to be turning into one of those Phish, Widespred Panic bands.

MF

84S
03-28-2005, 16:34
Originally posted by Goldendog Redux
I have become less of a Wilco fan over the years. Jay Farrar on the other hand, can do no wrong. I absolutely love Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt and Jay.

Wilco seems to be turning into one of those Phish, Widespred Panic bands.

MF

I don't know what Wilco you have been listening to, but I don't hear any Phish and WSP in their sound, and I have seen all three bands multiple times.

Goldendog Redux
03-30-2005, 21:51
Originally posted by 84S
I don't know what Wilco you have been listening to, but I don't hear any Phish and WSP in their sound, and I have seen all three bands multiple times.

I wasn't referring to their sound. I fear that Wilco is treading that fine line of becoming another god-awful jam band like Phish and Widespread Panic.

Since I was (am) such a fan of Tupelo, I would hate to think I would have to endure the scent of patchouli oil to go see one of UTs offspring.

I could be wrong.

MF

84S
03-31-2005, 09:11
Originally posted by Goldendog Redux
I wasn't referring to their sound. I fear that Wilco is treading that fine line of becoming another god-awful jam band like Phish and Widespread Panic.

Since I was (am) such a fan of Tupelo, I would hate to think I would have to endure the scent of patchouli oil to go see one of UTs offspring.

I could be wrong.

MF

The last two Wilco shows I went to, I didn't smell any patchouli oil at all;) Wilco will never be a jam band like Phish, I guarantee that. No way, Jeff Tweedy will allow that to happen. He has said so as much. Now, will the band improvise on songs some? Sure. That's what make a live show fun. I loved Uncle Tupelo also, I saw them in 1991. I love that country rock sound, Jay Farrar has chosen to stay within that sound, where Tweedy has gone in other directions. I like it all

84S
03-31-2005, 09:11
nm

Goldendog Redux
03-31-2005, 18:07
That's good to hear. I guess Tweedy has ventured further that Jay from UT territory for sure. I have a bunch of Wilco bootleg music and videos that my tape trading friend gave me. I suppose I should watch and listen to them.

MF