It (she?) finally arrived [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : It (she?) finally arrived

Texas T
03-11-2005, 19:21
It took over a month, but my 2001 Connie finally hit the driveway tonight at 7pm. I can't wait for the light of day to give it a good bath and onceover.

Photos...
http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=3652

H.I.M
03-12-2005, 15:43
Congrats on the new ride! She's a bute

Texas T
03-12-2005, 17:30
Thanks. Just got back in from my first serious ride in 25 years... put on 163 miles and that's plenty for today. My butt is sore. :)

F14Scott
03-12-2005, 19:50
Nice ride. I miss TX; it was 30 degrees with flurries here.

Texas T
03-12-2005, 20:15
It hit 80 today, but windy as hell... gusts to about 30 kts. It was NOT enjoyable when I'd hit a big spot with no trees around me to slow down the wind.

fnfalman
03-14-2005, 10:30
I put in nearly 450-miles just this last weekend about half and half on Saturday and Sunday. Butt is good. Back is good. Knees locked up a bit and the right hand's numbness increased quite a bit by Sunday's afternoon, but I gotta get used to racking up the mileage. I had to deal with a slight drizzle and some crosswinds as well but nothing too bad.

Texas T
03-14-2005, 12:34
Another 50 today. I have to ease into this. I got a MASSIVE cramp in my upper left thigh after riding the other day, and it started to cramp up a little today. Maybe I just need more fluid intake before I go riding?

I too want to build up my endurance. There is a SS1000 in June from Houston to Ft Stockton and back that I'd like to ride, but I don't think that 2-3 months will be enough for me to build up to that long a ride.

fnfalman
03-14-2005, 13:09
Yes, drink lots of water BEFORE, DURING and AFTER!!! Also, check out your seating position. It could be that your legs are curled up too high as well. You may need a higher seat. Also, have faith in the ride. I'm already working up to 300-mile one-day ride, and my bike is nowhere as comfortable as yours. If that seat doesn't cut it, you'll have to go aftermarket and I highly recommend Sargent seat. It ain't cheap but it's superb. You can either buy a seat from them or send your seat in for them to reupholster.

http://www.sargentcycle.com