Hired a trainer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hired a trainer

geminicricket
03-15-2005, 21:57
Today I contracted for 12 months of a trainer.

So, in the first session she's got me sitting on a machine and pushing handles vertical. She says, 'Look straight ahead'. Well, she's standing straight ahead and has a stunningly tight body with interesting protuberances and me being the polite guy not willing to stare at a perfect stranger I told her to not stand straight in front of me. This was my only mistake of the session.

Ok, with the price of the trainer as motivation, I bought the odd groceries and have begun a serious effort to get trim.
First report: Chocolate-flavored whey powder mixed with water is not going to be offered at Sonic anytime soon. Thin, thin, thin, was that stuff. Not enough flavor to justify a description, although the color seems to have been attempting chocolate.

Last year I said I'd try to lose weight from a starting weight of 270, well I'm at 270.4 today, and that year was a wasted effort.
I'll lift a pint of water to the next year being successful.;c

California Jack
03-16-2005, 12:39
Confratulations on taking steps toward a healthier life! Good luck, hope the trainer works for you. I'll lift a pint too;c Mind if I make it the goood stuff?:)

Jack

California Jack
03-16-2005, 12:40
Well, she's standing straight ahead and has a stunningly tight body with interesting protuberances

Oh yeah, I'll need pictures.

Dresden
03-16-2005, 20:16
I'm not sure if it will fit into your meal plan but I always use my vanilla protien powder (maybe chocolate rarely), 1 cup of skim milk and 1 frozen banana. The banana really does something for the flavor as well as the consistancy. YMMV.

geminicricket
03-16-2005, 22:52
The meal plan is protien at 6 meals each day, the whey powder fills in the blanks when chicken and lean beef or even hamburger patties are not used. At 5 meals each day, add a quarter pound of green vegetables. At 2 meals each day, add a 1/3 pound of starchy carbs.
Wheat bread at breakfast is ok.

She explained that this was just a bare-bone list to get started.
I loaded today's stuff into fitday.com, and it pegs my intake at 1203 calories and about 49% of them were protien. Uh, yeah, I'll keep losing weight if I keep up that calorie intake each day. As always, the real job is in maintaining that intake on Saturday and Sunday when I have to "be good" at home. 269.4 today.

Izze
03-17-2005, 10:03
Originally posted by Geminicricket
As always, the real job is in maintaining that intake on Saturday and Sunday when I have to "be good" at home.

This may not be a real problem. The great thing about 6 small meals a day is that it cranks up your metabolism. With your metabolism burning calories at a higher rate, if you have a moment of weakness involving pizza and beer, you shouldnt lose all the progress you made during the week.

Grats on changing your lifestyle.

S

California Jack
03-17-2005, 16:14
What IZZe says, Bill Phillips allows one free day per week. Helps with the metabolism and motivation.

geminicricket
03-17-2005, 21:55
Something is happening, the metabolism might be getting faster, although I don't know how to tell, but I've really lost 20 lb since Christmas.

This new stage is intended to get the weight to normal, and if as she says that will be accomplished in 5 months, it's worth it.

Dresden
03-17-2005, 23:06
Originally posted by geminicricket
it pegs my intake at 1203 calories and about 49% of them were protien. Uh, yeah, I'll keep losing weight if I keep up that calorie intake each day. The only thing you want to watch about calorie intake is that if you create too big a caloric deficit your body will go into a survival mode of sorts causing you to actually burn FEWER calories.

Glock9mmFan
03-21-2005, 11:11
Originally posted by geminicricket
Something is happening, the metabolism might be getting faster, although I don't know how to tell, but I've really lost 20 lb since Christmas.

This new stage is intended to get the weight to normal, and if as she says that will be accomplished in 5 months, it's worth it.

No offense, but a significant amount of that is water and muscle mass. Almost all of the initial weight loss from a diet is water. If you are doing weightlifting and get enough protein, the remainder will be 75% fat and 25% muscle loss. If you are not weightlifting it will be about 50% fat, 50% muscle being lost. You should also tell your trainer to stand right in front of you. ;f