Eyewear recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Eyewear recommendations

ClydeG19
03-16-2005, 12:42
My dept issues us basic safety glasses, however I've found there is a lot of room underneath which stuff still gets up into my eyes. Do you guys have any suggestions about some eyewear which would not allow stuff to get up underneath? I was thinking something of a wrap around type glasses. If it looks pretty cool all the better.;)

Tvov
03-16-2005, 16:44
What situations are you talking about?

ClydeG19
03-17-2005, 14:11
Opps...vehicle rescue and such...not structural firefighting.

mrklun
03-17-2005, 16:40
Take a look at Wiley X SG-1 eye protection. I just got one for the same reason you did - I'm not happy with my dept's current issue.

I will probably make a recommendation to the dept. to buy the Wiley eye protection as standard issue. It is what the troops in Iraq use. They are ballistic rated, so they're good for the range too.

They touch the face, so nothing will get under them. They have a low profile, have a great field of view, looks Cool, comes with clear and smoke lenses that you can change out, regular ear pieces, and wrap-around strap. The low profile allows me to wear them under my leather helmet easily. They go for $80 and comes with a carry bag, but I got mine new on Ebay for $40.

FlaFF
03-17-2005, 20:31
I buy the Oakley looking safety glasses from Home Depot. They're about $8 which is good as they will invariably get broken or contaminated and require getting a new pair. Expensive shades might lead to attempting to clean a pair of contaminated glasses that need to be redbagged.

Just my .02

FlaFF