Honda Ridgeline? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Honda Ridgeline?

blasto
03-16-2005, 15:53
Opinions?

"The Ridgeline pickup uses unibody construction, a transverse-mounted 3.5-liter V-6, and four-wheel-independent suspension-not typical pickup hardware. The Ridgeline also defies convention in that it offers only one cab configuration (four-door), one bed length (five feet), and one powertrain (a 24-valve SOHC V-6, five-speed automatic, and on-demand four-wheel drive)."

It looks to meet some of the criteria that I have for my next vehicle, but because it's so danged new, I'ld hate to become an early lemon adopter if you know what I mean.

CZ-75A
03-16-2005, 16:40
Originally posted by blasto
Opinions?

;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0

blasto
03-16-2005, 17:43
Originally posted by CZ-75A
;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0

I do agree that I'm not a big fan of it's "styling". I'm more with transporting family & stuff, on road/light off roading, & all the other stuff.

Hell, maybe I should just look again at the Tuscon.

Wolfgangamadeus
03-16-2005, 21:17
I love it!

Scrappy
03-16-2005, 21:36
;0 ;C

epsylum
03-16-2005, 22:05
Yeah I don't have a problem with Honda. they make good stuff, just whoever they got for thier styling guy now needs to stop. They ruined the Accord, the Element is up there with the Aztek in my book, and now the Ridgeline. The Ridgeline is possibly the world's ugliest truck.

For a truck, I would have to say, go for a Toyota. They may not have the best numbers performance wise, but they are no slouch and they run forever.

Personally, this is my foavorite truck now.

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/tacoma/gallery/exterior/photo_7.jpg

The 05 X-runner. It has thier new V-6 with a 6 speed manual (my brother's friend is a Toyota mechanic, he says the tranny is the 6-speed out of the Supra, sweet ;f ). It also get's .9g on the skidpad and can match lap times with a 350Z (that info is out of some car magazines I have read on it). All for under 25 grand. Now THAT'S a truck.

Dan
03-17-2005, 15:28
Originally posted by CZ-75A
;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0
That about sums it up for me.

El Duderino
03-17-2005, 15:33
It's not a truck. Not even close. "Unibody" means it's built just like a car, not body on frame like a real truck. So that means you can't mod it, tow with it, haul anything major or generally do anything that a real truck can do. It's probably great if you're a soccer mom that needs something really tough that can handle curbs and grocery bags.

CZ-75A
03-17-2005, 15:34
Originally posted by El Duderino
It's not a truck. Not even close. "Unibody" means it's built just like a car, not body on frame like a real truck. So that means you can't mod it, tow with it, haul anything major or generally do anything that a real truck can do. It's probably great if you're a soccer mom that needs something really tough that can handle curbs and grocery bags.

A visually impaired soccer mom. ;)

Texas_Preacher
03-17-2005, 15:40
Originally posted by Scrappy
;0 ;C

;z My sentiments exactly. Yet another butt-ugly and confused vehicle on the road.

What is wrong with Honda? The only vehicles they have put out in a while with any style are the S2000 and the minivan with the hoseable interior.

modgun
03-17-2005, 15:47
BUT CMON GUYS!!!

It has a trunk under the bed! ;g

Ford302Glock21
03-17-2005, 21:20
The Honda ridgeline, otherwise known as the CHEVY AVALANCHE...GEE NO RESEMBLANCE

epsylum
03-17-2005, 21:54
Originally posted by Ford302Glock21
The Honda ridgeline, otherwise known as the CHEVY AVALANCHE...GEE NO RESEMBLANCE

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Personally, the Avalanche is VERY ugly and somehow Honda topped them. Man Honda must have been trying hard to make the most God-awful looking truck.

CZ-75A
03-18-2005, 10:50
Originally posted by epsylum
That is exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Personally, the Avalanche is VERY ugly and somehow Honda topped them. Man Honda must have been trying hard to make the most God-awful looking truck.

+1000000

:)

Ford302Glock21
03-18-2005, 15:23
I actually used to hate the avalanche because of all the plastic but then my dad bought one without the body cladding on the side and it doesnt look so bad at all and it drives sweet as can be.

Wmarden
03-18-2005, 19:49
Originally posted by El Duderino

Hey, the cars I like have full frames not unibody. SO imagine how much I would hate a unibody truck. Was the VW truck unibody? I seem to recall reading that it would bend in the middle.

WDavis
03-18-2005, 22:33
I own a couple of hondas so I'm interested to see what a honda pick up drives like. The V6 probably doesnt make it much of a trailer hauler.;a
I would wait a year if I was going to buy one though.

JMag
03-18-2005, 22:51
Say what you will, it's a Honda and they'll sell every one they make...

Ford302Glock21
03-19-2005, 07:43
Yea, hell they sold those "Elements." My girlfriend call them the crewcut

gixxer11
03-19-2005, 12:25
I don't think they're targeted buyer is going to compare it to a "real" truck. It's not marketed that way. It's a sporty/utility/crossover/kinda-car,kinda-truck/versitle-role/all-terrain/daily-driver/doesn't do anything well/doesn't do any thing wrong/new fangled/thingamabob with a bed that's all the rage these days with the savvy/trendy car buying consumers. A mini Avalanche if you will. Just what we need! Can't wait for the El Camino to make a come back as a sports car but I got this bed that I can't do anything with P.O.S. Buy an old pick-up to use, then buy a proper CAR to commute to StarBucks, take kids to scoccer games, drive off a cliff, or whatever else people do these days. At least you could have some dignity.

"I drive a Honda Ridgeline" translates to "I'm a big fat pus*y"

Ford302Glock21
03-19-2005, 12:39
BAHAHAHHAAAHAHHAHHHAAHAHAHHAAHHA. The good old truck thats not a truck and cant do anything a truck does but it aint a car because cars are much easier to drive and dont annoy other people. I was sitting in a parking lot other day at work and though, back in the 70s and 80s I bet you could see across a parking lot and tell where people are and what not. Now its nothing but dang SUVs and Super Dutys and stuff blocking the view of everything. Then I saw this woman driving a big arse Suburban or Tahoe and driving through the different parking lot lanes between parked cars with ONE HAND whilw the other hand was doing guess what HOLDING CELL PHONE TO HEAD. I wanted to go scream at her.

CZ-75A
03-20-2005, 15:03
Originally posted by Wmarden
Hey, the cars I like have full frames not unibody. SO imagine how much I would hate a unibody truck. Was the VW truck unibody? I seem to recall reading that it would bend in the middle.

The Rabbit PU? Yep, a unibody.

WDavis
03-21-2005, 08:39
I saw a ridgeline in person this morning. It wasnt bad. The styling looks more appealing to me than the avalanche. The side view pictures are terrible though. Hard to tell if it is coming or going.