picky with your car [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : picky with your car

chris93473
03-17-2005, 17:20
how many of you are very picky on who you allow to drive your cars. i only own a corolla and i'm pretty picky with it even with friends, even if i'm sitting next to them on the passenger seat. that's one of the reasons too why i ended up getting a corolla with a standard transmission.

Texas_Preacher
03-17-2005, 18:00
Originally posted by chris93473
how many of you are very picky on who you allow to drive your cars. i only own a corolla and i'm pretty picky with it even with friends, even if i'm sitting next to them on the passenger seat. that's one of the reasons too why i ended up getting a corolla with a standard transmission.

Noone, not even my wife, drives my car.

CGuns
03-17-2005, 18:17
I really don't care at all.

I have given complete strangers the keys to cars I have pulled up in at resteraunts. Usually, they will approach me wanting to check out the interior. I tell them to take it for a spin around the lot. Never had a problem and they were all blown away. This has happened most with my H1's.

Regards, CGuns

CGuns
03-17-2005, 18:18
I usually trade cars with my business partners and things of that nature, too. They are considered to be almost communal. Makes it fun and spices things up. Trading off and all.

fnfalman
03-17-2005, 18:23
Not at all. I have insurance. Cars are just toys and tools to me no matter how expensive they are.

streeter69
03-17-2005, 21:06
CGuns....I gotta meet you. You sound like me. I could careless who drives my cars. If it breaks gives me an excuse to modify;f

epsylum
03-17-2005, 22:00
Originally posted by CGuns
I usually trade cars with my business partners and things of that nature, too. They are considered to be almost communal. Makes it fun and spices things up. Trading off and all.

You don't happen to be into wife-swapping do you?? ;f

Just kidding.

I don't care who drives it other than, most of my cars have some stupid quirk that may scare some people when not expecting it (my old 86 300zx would go out of alignment after a turn and would all of a sudden correct itself at about 25 mph. If you didn't know that was going to happen, you could go flying off the road). So I like to drive them myself just out of concern about other people's safety.

If I a car that functioned correctly, I probably wouldn't care too much. I would just like to know you first and if you are at least an OK driver.