Meal help.. im HUNGRY! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Meal help.. im HUNGRY!

MeanMike
03-23-2005, 19:08
Over the past 3 weeks... Ive decided I no longer can stand the way my body is

Ive been stength training with a partner the past 3 weeks. Im 6' and weighed about 145 lbs then... ive gained about 1.5-2 lbs a week in the past 3 weeks, and now weigh 150.

Ive only slightly increased my calorie intake... ive always ate alot, just wasnt keeping it on because of my higher metabolism.. but it seems to be sticking now.

Ive been drinking a 450 calorie/45g protein Meal Replacement shake 1-2 times a day.... but still find, at times between meals, im starving..

I need ideas on more snacks and meals... I now find it extremely hard to keep up with my appetite.

HELP! MIKE IS HUNGRY!

California Jack
03-23-2005, 19:26
Dr. Mauro DiPasquale MD Anabolic Solution books may be of some help to you. Click HERE! (http://www.mdplusstore.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=20)

testosterone
03-23-2005, 23:44
make your food ahead of time.....invest in some good protein bars (I prefer Tri-o-Plex bars (30mgs of protein per)....make some chicken sandwhiches, tuna salad......

Harley387
03-24-2005, 17:20
Ice cream and cottage cheese......mmmmmmm.....ice cream.....;)

geminicricket
03-24-2005, 21:57
Stay on a schedule of 6 small meals each day. Sip generously on water between meals. You won't be too hungry to wait for the next meal.

modgun
03-24-2005, 23:05
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Seriously, lots of PB.
Eat as many as you can in a day. Like 2-3 between every meal.

Mister Joshua
03-28-2005, 00:00
Originally posted by geminicricket
Stay on a schedule of 6 small meals each day. Sip generously on water between meals. You won't be too hungry to wait for the next meal.

Yes, and make it real food.

Barilla makes a killer, high-fiber, high-protein pasta called "Barilla Plus" - it is awesome for canned-chicken salads with flax-oil mayo, or your normal pasta dishes... I would also suggest skipping the MRP for a nice, solid breakfast. Your metabolism is a fire, and every fire needs to start with decent fuel to burn.

Here is a good "sample" healthy high-protein diet for a day... higher carbs in the morning to "stoke that fire", with a gradual reduction to avoid insulin spikes in the evening (when you are more likely to not burn off calories, insulin will hold reserve calories as fat on your body)

along with this, try to drink 1 gallon of water for every 100lbs of body weight, add .5 gallons for moderate daily excercise, add another .5 for moderate daily, and 2-3 heavy weekly excercise (like weight training 2-3 times per week and cardio every other day) - that would be up to 2.5 gallons for a 200lb man that walked to work and lifted weights casually 1-2 times a week... up to 4 gallons for a 200lb man that jogged 2 miles a day, and lifted heavy 2-3 times a week

Keep in mind, feel free to add/subtract to this. If you want to gain weight, try adding peanut/almond butter to your evening veggies (with fresh celery), and add more quality carbos (like oatmeal) to your breakfast. Oatmeal, skim milk, sweet potatoes, beans/legumes, whole grains, all are slow-burning carbs that give you a fuller feeling longer. Same with most fats, they stay in your system longer to keep you sated longer. Protein from meat, cheese, and eggs will digest slower than protein from Whey.

Breakfast (carbs, fats, and proteins)
2 boiled or poached eggs (or 4oz lean meat, sliced turkey, ham, or chicken work well in a hurry)
a serving of fresh fruit
2 slices whole wheat toast
a glass of skim milk

Brunch
Serving of fresh fruit

Lunch (more quality carbs, less fruit, more veggies and fiber)
6oz lean beef, chicken, or fish on a bed of field greens with chilled high-fiber pasta. Olive oil and lemon juice for dressing (no croutons). Additional serving of fruit or veggie. Maybe a diet soda (one per week to kill the monotony?)

Afternoon snack (more restrictive on carbohydrates in the evening, to prevent evening insulin spikes)
1 oz beef jerky (read your labels first)
serving of fresh veggie (even a low-sodium V8 would be good here)

Dinner (more restrictive on carbohydrates in the evening, to prevent evening insulin spikes)
6-8oz Baked/grilled/broiled chicken/fish/lean red meat
2 servings Steamed or boiled green fiberous veggie (broccoli, kale, spinach, apsparagus)