Pickup Truck bed coverings and such [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pickup Truck bed coverings and such

jlw_84
03-27-2005, 22:07
Ok Guys, here's the deal. I just picked up a Dakota, and it has a factory slippery plastic bed liner. This is my first truck, so I'm looking for tips and advice on what to do with the bed, I'm not going to be doing much hauling of large items, but I will need this option left open, so no hard "tilt up" style long tonneau covers. But I require some extra secure storage space, so a toolbox or similar will be required.

So at this point I'm guessing I have two options.

1. Tool-box with sprayed in rhino liner

2. Soft tonneau cover with an "in bed" style locking toolbox for secure storage.

What set up do you guys have, which do you prefer? I'm looking for suggestions and new ideas.

Ljunatic
03-28-2005, 20:39
I use an UNDERCOVER hard tonneau 2002 Dakota Quad cab

I can remove it myself in 5 minutes.

USPcompact
03-29-2005, 10:57
If you're deciding between Rhino Lining and Line-X, the Line-X wins every time. And for a good box, nothing beats a Weather-Guard.

-=DFOX=-
04-05-2005, 12:34
Ive got nothing but bad to say about Rhino linings, totally useless. It may protect against small stuff, but dont try hauling rocks or anything heavy that will scrape.

RaiderCop
04-07-2005, 14:06
+1 for the Line-X.

I have it on my 98 Silverado. The owner of the local Line-X told me the stuff they and Rhino spray is almost identical, except Line-X heats theirs up to appox 180 degrees prior to spraying, Rhino is what ever the ambient temp is. That's why the Line-X texture is much more uniform, Rhino looks like black spayed on cottage cheese. The Line-X guy then takes the local Rhino shop business card which has its backside sprayed with Rhino and rubs it against a piece of Line-X. The Line-X piece is literally sanding the piece of Rhino smooth!