Paratroopers! Missing those Static Line Jumps? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Paratroopers! Missing those Static Line Jumps?

GreenBeret1631
03-30-2005, 12:44
To those Paratroopers or wannabes check out this web site, be sure to watch the whole WAV.

http://www.infantry.army.mil/videos/video05/index.htm

RussP
03-30-2005, 13:58
Like I've said, couldn't find a really good reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!;) ;f ;f

GreenBeret1631
03-30-2005, 15:56
Originally posted by RussP
Like I've said, couldn't find a really good reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!;) ;f ;f

How about if its on FIRE!!! ;a

RussP
03-31-2005, 06:29
Originally posted by GreenBeret1631
How about if its on FIRE!!! ;a Then it wouldn't be "perfectly good", would it...;P :cool: ;f

CanadianGlockFan
03-31-2005, 11:53
It's a LOT of fun :) I've made 3 sport static jumps, and I'd like to try free-fall, but I don't know if my knees can take much more.

mhambi
03-31-2005, 12:04
Taken just north of my house this winter. :)

http://s94903245.onlinehome.us/media/DIR_12132/100_0085.jpg

http://s94903245.onlinehome.us/media/DIR_12132/100_0087.jpg

http://s94903245.onlinehome.us/media/DIR_12132/100_0089.jpg

;? ;? ;?

rlbgfish173
04-01-2005, 07:53
All I can say is

HOOAH

ARMY AIRBORNE where The Few good Men Are;f

CarlosDJackal
04-01-2005, 15:16
HOO-AH!! How I do miss jumping. So much so that I've decided to go sky diving this summer. I'm going to use my State tax returns to go AFF!!

All the Way and then Some!! ^c

The ironic thing is, that Van Halen song (Jump!!) was very populaar when I was in Jump School (1984). It was always being played on the jukebox of the Pizza Parlor. It does bring back memories.

SW.FLA.glocker
04-01-2005, 19:32
Love the video. It has been about 10 yrs. since my last jump. The only thing I don't miss about it was the in-flight-rigging and pre-jump!

MGomez81
04-02-2005, 21:56
I have a video of me skydiving civilian and it has the same Van Halen tune! I think it's a must for any skydiving video.

^c

MG<c>b

fnfalman
04-04-2005, 08:53
It ain't the same unless somebody is shooting up at you.;P

A_Swede_17_1911
04-04-2005, 19:06
Allright another Blue Falcon, the whole battalion managed to come home safe from the latest 4month deyployment. to Iraq. Just did BAR again Friday, should jump sometime this week.

SW.FLA.glocker
04-04-2005, 21:20
Originally posted by A_Swede_17_1911
Allright another Blue Falcon, the whole battalion managed to come home safe from the latest 4month deyployment. to Iraq. Just did BAR again Friday, should jump sometime this week.

Keep your feet and knees together, and I wish you clear skies and open silk.

rlbgfish173
04-05-2005, 07:08
Welcome Home Swede, don't forget to stop in at usparatroopers.org and let everyone you back.;?

reconvic
04-05-2005, 14:04
In Recon in the Marines we were taught to do Halo jumps for insertionshttp://www.hunt101.com/img/272267.jpg
Was any other service units allowed in 1968?

Roland-G23
04-05-2005, 16:45

There is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane. Just ask a pilot. ;f

Carlos, what was your class number in 1984 for BAC? I graduated Class 33-84 in July 1984.

GreenBeret1631
04-05-2005, 19:05
Originally posted by reconvic
In Recon in the Marines we were taught to do Halo jumps for insertionshttp://www.hunt101.com/img/272267.jpg
Was any other service units allowed in 1968?

Yes, Special Forces has been training in HALO & HAHO jumps since the early 60's. Special Forces, so far has the only Combat HALO team jump. It was done in Vietnam.

I went through HALO school in '64. We were using Para-Commanders in those days.

As I recall, the Marines and SEALs all go through the HALO school at the Yuma, AZ test center. It's run by the US Army Special Forces. ;f

cadillacguns
04-06-2005, 07:25
Might be "Perfectly Good" but I was always so cramped and stuffed in the bird, I was always ready to go out. Being the first in the plane, and last out, I knew if the plane developed a case of Murpheys Law, I would not get out. Stand Up, Hook up, EQ Check and get me the hell out of there.

RussP
04-06-2005, 09:43
Originally posted by fnfalman
It ain't the same unless somebody is shooting up at you.;P Now that is the truth...!!!!!!!

RussP
04-06-2005, 09:45
Originally posted by Roland-G23
... Okay, I stand corrected, "...a plane still capable of flight..."

;f ;f ;f That better???;f ;f ;f

I like that better, much better...:cool: :cool:

Roland-G23
04-06-2005, 11:45
Okay, I stand corrected, "...a plane still capable of flight..."

;f ;f ;f That better???;f ;f ;f

I like that better, much better...:cool: :cool:

The non-quals (i.e. "Legs") used to say "Only bird***** and fools fall from the sky" to which we replied "Yeah, but chicken***** never leaves the ground".

;f ;f ;f ;f

RussP
04-06-2005, 14:42
The non-quals (i.e. "Legs") used to say "Only bird***** and fools fall from the sky" to which we replied "Yeah, but chicken***** never leaves the ground".

;f ;f ;f ;f You wouldn't be calling someone "CS" just because he only has 126 combat missions, with 126 take-offs and an equal number of wheels-down landings, would you???? That might offend a lesser Airman.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Roland-G23
04-06-2005, 15:06
Nah Russ, its a Paratrooper thing. :)

RussP
04-06-2005, 19:14
Nah Russ, its a Paratrooper thing. :) I know, I caught the "The non-quals (i.e. "Legs") used to say...";f ;f ;f

I have the highest respect for those who jump...!!;? ;?

lonewolf01
04-14-2005, 06:57

Carlos, what was your class number in 1984 for BAC? I graduated Class 33-84 in July 1984.

Hey, I graduated in Sept 1984. I always remember the "break area procedures" on the first day in ground week. ;P

Also, check out this website to get an Airborne Wing hitch cover. I got one and get comments on it all the time. An 82nd Airborne guy on active duty makes them at Ft. Bragg.

www.aahitchcovers.com

reconvic
04-14-2005, 15:44
You were right we were taught by the Army to do Halo and HAHO jumps, but I din't want to add that part lol.I beleive we may have chewed on the same mud bro!

Yes, Special Forces has been training in HALO & HAHO jumps since the early 60's. Special Forces, so far has the only Combat HALO team jump. It was done in Vietnam.

I went through HALO school in '64. We were using Para-Commanders in those days.

As I recall, the Marines and SEALs all go through the HALO school at the Yuma, AZ test center. It's run by the US Army Special Forces. ;f

GreenBeret1631
04-15-2005, 01:31
Originally posted by MGomez81
I have a video of me skydiving civilian and it has the same Van Halen tune! I think it's a must for any skydiving video.

^c

MG<c>b

Attached is a picture of what Military Airborne people have to say to Civilian Sky Divers.;)

lonewolf01
04-15-2005, 07:22
Attached is a picture of what Military Airborne people have to say to Civilian Sky Divers.;)

LOL...that's great. I printed it out.

rlbgfish173
04-15-2005, 19:23
Yep I have a T-shirt with that on it except mine has a HERD patch.

CarlosDJackal
04-17-2005, 21:29

Mine was 32-84, 43rd Company just ahead of yours. ^c

lonewolf01
04-19-2005, 13:55
Go here to get some thick metal Airborne wing hitch covers and license plates. The guy who makes them is on active duty with the 82nd at Ft. Bragg too. I love mine. Support our military!

www.aahitchcovers.com

reconvic
04-19-2005, 16:04
Damn we called them that to in the Corps

Attached is a picture of what Military Airborne people have to say to Civilian Sky Divers.;) :cool:

srfl
04-20-2005, 22:11

....or ask a maintainer.

Bravo Company, 1/507 PIR
Ft. Benning, GA
ALL THE WAY!

CarlosDJackal
04-28-2005, 14:37
Here's a picture I found. This is my old stomping grounds (Malamute DZ, Fort Richardson, AK). ^c

EZFLY80
04-30-2005, 18:58
Im headed to airborne 08 July. Im psyched! AIRBORNE!

lonewolf01
05-02-2005, 07:24
Originally posted by EZFLY80

Congrats! It's an experience that you'll remember the rest of your life. And when you feel tired amd miserable and people are quitting all around you, just remember that this is the only chance you'll have to do it. I remember that the "black hats" made us put our faces in the dirt when some were getting up and quitting. Man, all I could see was their boots out of the corner of my eye but we called then every name in the book. And when they would pack their stuff up they'd have to walk out in front of all of us back at the barracks. Now THAT is a real "walk of shame" or as we would say "the dufflebag drag". No risk no reward, I heard that they had a fatality at the DZ two months ago. But don't worry, the odds are greatly in your favor. ;e

And, make sure if you graduate, that you get "blood wings". That's where you have a buddy take off the clips under the badge and pound the two metal anchors into your chect until you bleed from the holes...awesome stuff!

SW.FLA.glocker
05-02-2005, 13:52
Always remember that it's more than a badge. It's a attitude that you carry for the rest of your life. Also never forget the ones that came before you. It is their wings that you ride upon. In the old days they didn't have gore-tex, m-16's, or MRE's. their toughness is what guides us today as well as sets the standard.

CarlosDJackal
05-02-2005, 20:27
Check these out:
http://herbertholeman.com/para/units/america5.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/vietnamvet/dale.html

Remember, once that you get your "blood wings", you become a member of one of the most elite brotherhood of Warriors. If you you ever get a chance to meet the very first Paratroopers - those who cut their teeth jumping into Sicily, Normandy, Anhem, etc.; once they find out you too are Airborne, they will automatically accept you.

Good luck!!

SW.FLA.glocker
05-02-2005, 20:47
I was in the 3rd. 325th. A.B.C.T. while in Italy. I only mention it because it is the one of the links you posted. On a second note, I will agree with what you said about meeting one of the first paratroopers. In the early 90's when I was stationed in Italy they sent some of us to "Normandie" for the invasion anniversory. Being a young duper(super duper paratrooper)I was mighty proud of my 30-40 jumps. I felt like king of the world as my friends and I walked the streets in our class A's.

Long stoy short. We came across some old timers in their garrison caps and suit coats with wings and patches on them. They were very friendly and offered to buy us beers. They then asked us how many jumps we each had and of course we proudly told them.

When we asked how many they had they each held out their hands and began to count by on their fingers.....Normandy....Sicily....Holland....etc. I suddenly felt ashamed of my pride and shrunk to the size of a mouse for being so cocky. None of it seemed to faze these guys. They only had a handful of jumps compared to mine but they had the real deal.

When the beers came I picked up the tab and bought them a bottle of champaign.

lonewolf01
05-03-2005, 06:46
Originally posted by SW.FLA.glocker
I was in the 3rd. 325th. A.B.C.T. while in Italy. I only mention it because it is the one of the links you posted. On a second note, I will agree with what you said about meeting one of the first paratroopers. In the early 90's when I was stationed in Italy they sent some of us to "Normandie" for the invasion anniversory. Being a young duper(super duper paratrooper)I was mighty proud of my 30-40 jumps. I felt like king of the world as my friends and I walked the streets in our class A's.

Long stoy short. We came across some old timers in their garrison caps and suit coats with wings and patches on them. They were very friendly and offered to buy us beers. They then asked us how many jumps we each had and of course we proudly told them.

When we asked how many they had they each held out their hands and began to count by on their fingers.....Normandy....Sicily....Holland....etc. I suddenly felt ashamed of my pride and shrunk to the size of a mouse for being so cocky. None of it seemed to faze these guys. They only had a handful of jumps compared to mine but they had the real deal.

When the beers came I picked up the tab and bought them a bottle of champaign.

Now that's a good story. Very humbling. You should send that in to Reader's Digest or something.

RussP
05-03-2005, 08:24
...When we asked how many they had they each held out their hands and began to count by on their fingers.....Normandy....Sicily....Holland....etc. I suddenly felt ashamed of my pride and shrunk to the size of a mouse for being so cocky. None of it seemed to faze these guys. They only had a handful of jumps compared to mine but they had the real deal.

When the beers came I picked up the tab and bought them a bottle of champaign. Good story, good gesture...;) ;)

Bumpadrum
05-03-2005, 10:17
Ah Yes... the memories. When I was in 2/319th Arty, 101st Abn. we made a FULL equipment jump (trucks, cannons, HQ Battery, everything we owned)and set the Army record. From the time the first man hit the silk to the first 105mm round on the way...6 minutes. Picture THAT. That was some humpin', boys. How many here got the chin scar?

Bumpadrum
05-03-2005, 12:54
Originally posted by EZFLY80
OUTSTANDING EZFLY80. To this day if I see an active-duty personel wearing wings I always point it out and express my pride and gratitude at their courage, because you don't HAVE to jump out of an airplane...ya' gotta' wanna'. ALL THE WAY!

RussP
05-03-2005, 15:48
Originally posted by Detroit45
OUTSTANDING EZFLY80. To this day if I see an active-duty personel wearing wings I always point it out and express my pride and gratitude at their courage, because you don't HAVE to jump out of an airplane...ya' gotta' wanna'. ALL THE WAY! Now that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!!!

I was at DFW once and saw a Chaplain, a MAJ, wearing wings. I walked up to him and thanked him for his service. It was then I saw the Silver Star with an Oak Leaf at the top of his ribbon bar.

They called his name and he went up to the podium and then preboarded.

Wish I'd been able to talk with him...:)

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
05-05-2005, 13:08
Originally posted by Detroit45
Ah Yes... the memories. When I was in 2/319th Arty, 101st Abn. we made a FULL equipment jump (trucks, cannons, HQ Battery, everything we owned)and set the Army record. From the time the first man hit the silk to the first 105mm round on the way...6 minutes. Picture THAT. That was some humpin', boys. How many here got the chin scar?
When was this jump?

Avenger069
05-05-2005, 17:04
Those Airborne operations were like a date...6 hours of BS for a couple minutes of fun... ;)

CarlosDJackal
05-07-2005, 18:34
Originally posted by jherubin
Those Airborne operations were like a date...6 hours of BS for a couple minutes of fun... ;)
I don't know about that. I would say that it was 6 hours of BS for a LIFETIME of great memories (I guess I'm a glass half-full kind of person). ;f

CanadianGlockFan
05-07-2005, 20:40
Here's one of those "Ooops!" moments that can fill your shorts ;f

http://www.prospeer.be/files/rofl/letsgoskydieing.wmv

Edit to add; they took it down, but it WAS a clip of a plane-load of jumpers (sport-jumpers); the first guy in the door had his drogue chute tucked into a thigh pocket, but the slipstream yanked it out and deployed his main chute into the stabilizer. He had an interesting couple of seconds until he cut away.

CarlosDJackal
05-11-2005, 20:07
Yes, Special Forces has been training in HALO & HAHO jumps since the early 60's. Special Forces, so far has the only Combat HALO team jump. It was done in Vietnam...
Didn't MACV-SOG conduct a lot of HALO jumps where the Operators were never heard from again (may they RIP)?

GreenBeret1631
05-16-2005, 11:54
Originally posted by CarlosDJackal
Didn't MACV-SOG conduct a lot of HALO jumps where the Operators were never heard from again (may they RIP)?

I haven't heard this about American operators; however, I have heard and talked to South Vietnamese Commandos who survived many years in prison, who were dropped up North, some were never heard from again. There were also cases of these people being double agents and sending false info, etc. back to their handlers. (SOG/CIA operations.)

We have a number of these people who are members of my Special Forces Assn. Chapter. (Associate members.)

CarlosDJackal
05-17-2005, 16:20
I haven't heard this about American operators; however, I have heard and talked to South Vietnamese Commandos who survived many years in prison, who were dropped up North, some were never heard from again. There were also cases of these people being double agents and sending false info, etc. back to their handlers. (SOG/CIA operations.)

We have a number of these people who are members of my Special Forces Assn. Chapter. (Associate members.)
I remember a couple of US Operators disappearing along with their ARVN Teams. I'll have to dig up the material I read it from.

I really takes a lot of nads for those "plumbers" to go and do something like that. My hats off to them along with my prayers.

APD
05-18-2005, 19:55
I miss jumping with my squad, trying to freak out the five jump chumps and the old timers, trying to get them to be a jump refusal.

I do not miss the in-flight rigging, I do not miss waiting on the tarmac and loading up only to land again because ceiling is to low.

I don't miss jumping with a huge ruck and gear,putting my big ol butt over 330 lbs total.
I don't miss night mass attack and landing in a tree or on a runway,feet-arse-head landing of course.

I do miss helo jumps and "fun jumps".

WouldI do it all again if I had the choice...HELL YEAH!
I am allllways first jumper for a reason.

I keep telling the wife I will be trying civilian parachuting soon though...I am still trying to sell that one to her.

Avenger069
05-18-2005, 20:16
If anyone misses it enough to try it again...a fellow soldier I know participated with this WWII Airborne Demonstration Team.

Check here for more info: WWII ADT (http://www.wwiiadt.com/)

boatguy
05-20-2005, 06:04
I've always rather jumping MFF then SL any day. Landing a bag of %*&$ just isn't fun for me. I like jumping high and pulling low, landing where I want and getting the job done...

CarlosDJackal
05-20-2005, 12:44
Originally posted by APD
I miss jumping with my squad, trying to freak out the five jump chumps and the old timers, trying to get them to be a jump refusal.

I do not miss the in-flight rigging, I do not miss waiting on the tarmac and loading up only to land again because ceiling is to low.

I don't miss jumping with a huge ruck and gear,putting my big ol butt over 330 lbs total.
I don't miss night mass attack and landing in a tree or on a runway,feet-arse-head landing of course.

I do miss helo jumps and "fun jumps".

WouldI do it all again if I had the choice...HELL YEAH!
I am allllways first jumper for a reason.

I keep telling the wife I will be trying civilian parachuting soon though...I am still trying to sell that one to her.
How about the "death waddle" to the C-130? ;f I once had to do this with an Arctic survival ruck (about 80 lbs), 60-mm baseplate, bipod, small baseplate, aiming stakes, and sight. I was never so glad to fall out of thata door inmy life!! I only managed a door position once myself. I was usually number two or three.

I've already decided to go skydiving near the end of July at: www.skydiveorange.com. I plan on doing the Aaccelerated Free Fall (AFF). Anyone wanna come along? ;f

CanadianGlockFan
05-20-2005, 15:45
Sport-jumpers definitely have more fun, but these jumpers might be having TOO MUCH fun ;f http://urbaniadns.com:88/KDX/nudeskydiving.mpeg

mewler
05-27-2005, 11:53
HHC 1/509 INF ABN
Scout Platoon
90-92

yes, OPFOR. JRTC, FT Chafee

CarlosDJackal
05-27-2005, 15:31
Originally posted by xscottx9
HHC 1/509 INF ABN
Scout Platoon
90-92

yes, OPFOR. JRTC, FT Chafee
Dude, I was there in late Summer of 1991. You guys "killed" me twice (I hated that stupid Dead Tent). I guess this was to be expected since I was the only Officer running around with an M-60. ;f I was an Assistant Liaison Officer for Attack Helciopters back then (awaiting my chance to go to Fligth School).

All the Way and Then Some!! ^c

APD
05-27-2005, 21:19
Damn Carlos you were before me just a bit,;
A co 1/509 1997-2000.
I killed more people with MILES gear than the Khan family killed Chinese.

Sapperstang
05-29-2005, 14:26
Yes it is missed however there are parts I do not miss. Like inflight rigging, long racetracks with a heavy ruck, hard landings......etc etc :)

APD
06-05-2005, 17:04
The silence once your chute opened...I miss that. Drifting down and hearing nothing but the wind and the "OOMPF" of your buds hitting the ground in their ugly PLF's.

MiCPL
06-10-2005, 06:07
Absolutly Awesome!!!!!!

3/73 Armor
82nd
SCOUTS OUT!!!!!!!

CarlosDJackal
06-10-2005, 11:47
Originally posted by APD
The silence once your chute opened...I miss that. Drifting down and hearing nothing but the wind and the "OOMPF" of your buds hitting the ground in their ugly PLF's.
This reminded of of my one and only tailgate jump. For some reason, we had to stand up, hook-up, and un-hook several times. Since this was only my 6th or 7th jump, I did not know enough to recheck my leg straps (they had loosened).

So when I finally "fell" out of that C-130's tailgate my left nut was caught under that left leg strap. ;G To top it all off, I had that inevitable twisted riser and all I could do is whimper and cry when that sucker unwounde itself and bottomed out until it stabilized.

I just hung there like a limp doll because any sort of movement squeezed the old jewel even more. I was never so glad to hit that ground in my life.

I think I was singing soprano for a few hours after that. ;f

82ndAbn
06-26-2005, 04:54
I miss the 6 second drops from helos the most.

~

boatguy
06-26-2005, 08:03
Nothing is better then jumping out of a H60 at 10K and have the pilot hover. Watching the FNG's jump out with no relative wind....hahahahahaha They tumble for about a grand and then finally get stable during freefall. That's funny, I don't care who you are...

SW.FLA.glocker
07-02-2005, 12:42
Originally posted by 82ndAbn
I miss the 6 second drops from helos the most.

~

Try the looong count out of a balloon. Did that in Belgium with the 3/325.

82ndAbn
07-02-2005, 12:56
Try the looong count out of a balloon. Did that in Belgium with the 3/325.

Lucky dog! I never got to jump from a balloon. Some joes from my company were lucky enough to go to French Commando school - they got a balloon jump or two out of that.

~

SW.FLA.glocker
07-02-2005, 13:56
It's a great feeling!! Complete silence, and when you fall you can hear the static line breaking all the bands on your pack tray. Also a very gentle opening shock.

NoGo
07-27-2005, 21:54
Starting pre-jump after a chow hall dinner, looking forward to another all nighter...

Packing all your crap, Lg ALICE ruck and a CWIE bag, getting everything on and then having to shoulder carry the CWIE bag all the way from Green Ramp to the Romeo line (A long way across hot concrete) alone, since the rest of the Team has an equally heavy load with their stuff- M60's, Mortar tubes, baseplates/ rounds, ammo, water..

Being jumper R62 on a C141...

Being a Static Safety on a C141 with 124 jumpers...

Spotting out the Left side of a C130 on a ramp jump, wearing a little Air Force BA-18 parachute, my hand slipped on the big hydraulic strut, and I almost went out. My buddy almost pissed himself when he saw my eyes after that one...

Unintentional tree landings. Pine- Not so bad. Oak- Bad. Mesquite- Worse (Tularosa North @ WSMR)...

Intentional tree landings (AKA Rough Terrain Jump with PC chute rigged for SL)...

Red nylon webbing seats, and their ability to numb male genitalia until the opening shock confirms what got caught in a leg strap...

No notice tasking to conduct pre jump for the Group Commander and Primary Staff...

Cold weather jumps...

Jumpmastering cold weather jumps...

Jumpmastering a cold weather jump on an unfamiliar DZ and having my "Boogie" goggles blown off because of the tears & snot that froze to one side of the goggles, causing them to pull away from my face then start a face smacking buffeting motion until the strap broke...

Corneal, nose, lip and chin frosbite... Motrin, eyedrops and a 6 day movement to the objective made it a little better.... ;g

Going through the motions of "Check Canopy" and actually seeing friction burn/ tears near the apex...

I could go on and on...

It was great at the time! But, I'm on the path of semi-retirement/ 2nd career/ rasing kids/ getting fat/ older. Miss the people, the experiences, but at some time we all need to move on. 21 years was enough for me.

Motrin for breakfast, knees, ankles, back and neck that pop unexpectedly, and the greatest respect for those still in the "Community".

reconvic
07-27-2005, 22:20
Ok how many guys counted fast with the the old t-10's rigs. Don't lie now. ;z RVN 68-70

Semper Fi

SW.FLA.glocker
07-28-2005, 05:34
"Motrin for breakfast, knees, ankles, back and neck that pop unexpectedly, and the greatest respect for those still in the "Community"."

AAHH!!! Motrin! The breakfast of champions! Right next to beer and cornflakes. I've seen guys with cracked vertebrae Given motrin and told to drive on. A mis-diagnosis obviously; but they did it. They don't call motrin "RANGER CANDY" for nothing.

CarlosDJackal
07-28-2005, 20:40
Now you've done it!! I miss jumping so much I've signed up for an Accelerated Free Fall jump this Saturday. ^c

If I like it I might go for my license. Knees to the breeze, fellas!!

fnfalman
07-29-2005, 07:46
I don't care much for off-the-ramp jumps. I did it once and I was like the seventh guy out. All those damn static lines whipping around made me real nervous.

mdavid
08-29-2005, 11:21
nope don't miss it one bit. My knees and ankles don't miss airfields, trees rocks or cactus landings either.

CarlosDJackal
09-09-2005, 13:06
Tailgate jump pic. ;f

Sapperstang
09-17-2005, 15:32
Originally posted by CarlosDJackal
Tailgate jump pic. ;f

Where was that jump? Ramp jumps are the best.

APD
09-17-2005, 17:40
Oh for fun I love helo jumps, the sweet slow drop and hearing your bands pop and a good 6 count till it opens. Good pic BTW.

SW.FLA.glocker
09-17-2005, 23:43
Originally posted by APD
Oh for fun I love helo jumps, the sweet slow drop and hearing your bands pop and a good 6 count till it opens. Good pic BTW.

Balloon jumps are the best for hearing the bands pop. I think it was a 8 sec. count too.

CarlosDJackal
09-19-2005, 10:56
Originally posted by Sapperstang
Where was that jump? Ramp jumps are the best.
I have no idea. I just found it on the net. The one attached to this post is at my old stomping ground: Fort Richardson, AK (Malamute DZ). ^c

feetpiece
10-07-2005, 18:15
For all you dirt darts;)

Link (http://media.putfile.com/BloodOnTheRisers)

I haven't made it to jump school yet but I completed Air Assault School in 97'. I will have my doublestack before I get out.