I am Left Handed, right Eye Dominant [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I am Left Handed, right Eye Dominant

akapennypincher
04-02-2005, 17:50
and do almost everything Left Handed, with the Exception of Shooting Long Guns. Than I shoot Right Handed...;)

kneeoh
04-02-2005, 19:09
I'm the same way. It still feel weird holding the long gun righty but I've learned to live with it. I was taught to write right handed so you think that I'd be used to doing things righty, but it seems that by instinct, I grab and hold pretty much everything left handed (the right hand - hehe)

James

hawk
04-03-2005, 10:44
Originally posted by akapennypincher
and do almost everything Left Handed, with the Exception of Shooting Long Guns. Than I shoot Right Handed...;)

How does that affect your pistol shooting? Do you have to close your right eye when you shoot?

I worked with a guy who couldn't figure out why he couldn't shoot worth a damn until an instructor told him he was closing the wrong eye. I had a state archery champ tell me once that even though the sights may be lined up and you've got a good sight picture that the mind fools you into thinking you're on target when you're cross eye dominant.

alex954
04-03-2005, 20:38
hmmm
well in my case
shooting left handed , aim with right eye
shooting with right hand ,aim with left eye
pretty accurate with right hand

weird;g

akapennypincher
04-08-2005, 09:01
Originally posted by hawk
How does that affect your pistol shooting? Do you have to close your right eye when you shoot?

I shoot with the LEFT EYE CLOSED, and Shoot VERY WELL. also am almost as good with a Pistol Right Handed....:soap:

wl2pwr
04-08-2005, 14:28
Same here (left handed, right eye dominant), shoot pistol and long gun very accurately lefty w/ left eye, but draw and sight righty for archery.

walpur6isknight
04-16-2005, 19:42
i myself, am right handed, but left eye dominant....
i , however, noticed when i got into shooting long guns i felt more comfortable with left hand firing, but with a pistol, i feel much more comfortable with right hand firing.......;g

popnfresh
05-07-2005, 16:58
I'm left-handed right-eyed, I shoot rifles righthanded and I shoot pistols lefthanded right-eyed, this is how I naturally started shooting(25 years ago, not changing now). I never notice or thought about it until someone brought it to my attention a few years ago.
I usually shoot with both eyes open and don't have any focus problems. I don't have any vision prolems so I must just be very righ-eye dominant.