HEMI Performance Upgrades [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HEMI Performance Upgrades

DEUCE-DOBE
04-05-2005, 15:39
Hopefully, someone will have some answers...

I'm #1 on a list to get the new Dodge Charger SRT8, and while the HEMI will propel this full-sized beast at velocities close to the new Mustang Cobra GT500, I want MORE!

What can be done to a new-generation HEMI to increase HP and torque? Cold air intake, exhaust, chip? I'm not going to re-do the engine (new cams, etc.). Any suggestions appreciated.

El Duderino
04-05-2005, 15:40
Just get the Ford you know you want and be done with it.

DEUCE-DOBE
04-05-2005, 17:08
Originally posted by El Duderino
Just get the Ford you know you want and be done with it.

I'll tell ya, I saw the 2005 Mustang GT and GT500 and LOVED them... THEN, I drove the 2005 GT. Sure it was fast, looked good, BUT...

*Double Metaphor Warning*

THE NEW MUSTANGS HAVE MORE CHEAP-FEELING PLASTIC PER SQUARE INCH IN THEIR INTERIOR, THAN A KNOCK-OFF BARBIE DOLL.

Seriously, I'd estimate that somewhere between 10K and 15K miles, the 'stangs will squeek and creek like a cricket in heat.

Rob1035
04-05-2005, 17:25
is dodge now making interiors that are drastically different or did I not get that memo...?

DEUCE-DOBE
04-06-2005, 12:57
All new cars will have alot of plastic, but the mustang's interior looked and felt CHEAP. I mean cheap.

fnfalman
04-06-2005, 16:47
Actually, the quality and interior fit and finish of the 300-series increased dramatically over the past models (LH platforms and such). The Mercedes influence is probably starting to come through.

epsylum
04-06-2005, 19:00
Originally posted by fnfalman
Actually, the quality and interior fit and finish of the 300-series increased dramatically over the past models (LH platforms and such). The Mercedes influence is probably starting to come through.

It's called influence now? Last I heard Mercedes was getting mad because anytime Dodge/Chrysler wanted something nice they went rooting through the MB parts bin. I heard (actually read in a car mag) that Mercedes had a big meeting with Chrysler because they essentially re-bodied an SLK and called it the Crossfire, then released it with a lower cost. MB wan't too happy with that and had to re-work the contract so they couldn't do that again.

I think that relationship is a one way street.

USPcompact
04-07-2005, 17:26
Upgrade a Hemi? Buy a Power Stroke. :)

michael t
04-11-2005, 00:14
A blower would be nice.

jlw_84
04-11-2005, 05:48
Bolt on Supercharger!

jerryd
04-12-2005, 12:39
Call Don Gartletts, he might have a few performance parts lieing around!!! At the price of gas i would be cutting that engine in half to save gas! I can remember in 69 gas was 27cents for high test. nothing like the sound of a BIG BLOCK!