Fire Act Grants [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fire Act Grants

aspartz
04-07-2005, 22:26
Has every one else's department applied for the Fire Act grant from FEMA/ODP? We got one in both of the last two years.

I'm trying to get online to click the "Submit" button. So far I've been waiting three hrs to get to the server :(

ARS

lomfs24
04-08-2005, 10:49
I am not in a position in our department to apply for grantes. HOWEVER, our department has applied for and recieved several grants recently. One of which allowed me to get EMT classes and licensing for free. ;f We also got a whole bunch of new equipment and a grant is in the works, from what I understand, to build a new station.

That being said, I don't really know where the grants came from, I just know they are grants.

On a side note, I went to a HAM radio club meeting last night and one of the guys there is a local radio shop owner. Long story short there are 5 counties here who are upgrading their systems to work together and are using FEMA money as well as Dept of Homeland Security money and the buzz word is that money is drying up quickly. 9/11 is only a memory in many peoples mind and the drive for a lot of that money is going away quickly.

DepChief
04-11-2005, 14:34
We have applied the last 4 years. We received our grant the first year and did not get it the last two. Hopefully this will be our year.