beverages that taste good with protein powder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : beverages that taste good with protein powder

gunguru1
04-08-2005, 19:53
Hello there,

I just started using protein powder a month ago and in that time have always mixed it with orange juice. I think it tastes great with orange juice, but I am looking for other alternatives to add variety. I don't like the taste of milk, but would the protein powder mask the flavor? What are some other popular drinks to use with protein powder?

Thanks for your replies,

gunguru1

testosterone
04-09-2005, 10:40
I only use water....
even though I use MuscleMilk protein powder, which is the best tasting stuff on earth, I still mix it with water...

California Jack
04-09-2005, 17:20
EAS Choclate Whey Protein
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 water
1 cup ice
1 pkg Swiss Miss Diet or non-fat
Blend in high spped blender

ssgrock3
04-09-2005, 21:43
I been mixing my whey with the body fortress creatine powder walmart has. I know there is probably better creatines out there but I get like 2lbs for $15 and for my level of lifting and fitness, it does what I need it to. This same company has a whey, but Max muscle branded whey is $54 for 10lbs. and good stuff, I just shake it in a protein shaker cup, the creatine I mix with water in a bottled water bottle, mix one before workout, one after.
By the way, this creatine comes in a fruit punch and others I think. (I have only tried fruit punch.)

Mister Joshua
04-10-2005, 09:23
OJ with vanilla powder

45acp4me
04-10-2005, 21:31
Originally posted by testosterone
I only use water....
even though I use MuscleMilk protein powder, which is the best tasting stuff on earth, I still mix it with water...

Use it with milk, get more calories and better flavor. Most of the protien powders mixed with water taste terrible but Muscle Milk is actually pretty darn good. Using milk makes it more like a treat.

Regards,
Glen

jared84
04-10-2005, 22:05
Iím going to start getting unflavored protein powder since it can be mixed in any drink and it doesnít change the taste.

California Jack
04-11-2005, 16:58
Now I've never had any unflavored protein powder. But, are you sure unflavored means flavorless ? I would think that unflavored powder taste like protein powder an would affect the flavor of what you're mixing it in.

Just a thought.

Jack

jared84
04-11-2005, 19:21
I had gotten some unflavored protein powder from a sample pack from allthewhey.com. I mixed it in crystal light iced tea and it didn't seem to change the taste it just diluted it a little but I didnít use much crystal light with it.

pizzaaguy
04-12-2005, 09:17
Used to use milk or skim milk, ice and a banana.

testosterone
04-12-2005, 22:02
i get sick as a dog when i drink milk....sucks for me
Originally posted by 45acp4me
Use it with milk, get more calories and better flavor. Most of the protien powders mixed with water taste terrible but Muscle Milk is actually pretty darn good. Using milk makes it more like a treat.

Regards,
Glen

ssgrock3
04-13-2005, 06:35
Gatorade works well also, I usually mix my creatine shake in this and then add it to my protein powder, makes it very tolerable.

Yar
04-22-2005, 20:43
The vanilla protein powder mixes well with soy milk (for double shot of protein), and grape juice.

Creatine (unflavored) goes well just with water and a touch of lemon juice, or for better absorbtion grape juice.

JayAK
04-25-2005, 17:37
water, soy milk, 2% milk, skim......