how's the fishing? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : how's the fishing?

el_jewapo
04-11-2005, 19:32
anybody been fishing much? i've only been a couple times. havn't caught much, the weather is always bad when i go.

git_r_dun0405
04-11-2005, 19:39
Pretty darn good down South. The Crappie are biting. We caught about 75 2-3 weeks ago.

nipperwolf
04-11-2005, 20:36
Originally posted by el_jewapo
anybody been fishing much?
my first trip was pretty good.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=368405

;f

el_jewapo
04-11-2005, 20:46
that's a nice smallmouth! i love smallmouth fishing, but the closest river with smallmouth is 4 1/2 hours away from me, so i only go once or twice a year. i fish for largemouth alot though. all i've caught when i've been this year are a few crappie. not many at all

f1b32oPTic
04-11-2005, 22:14
ive been slaying some nice white bass but since the rains the water at the river mouths have become super muddy.

ive got 2 one gallon ziplocs filled with white bass fillets, one tupperware filled with catfish fillets and another tupperware filled with shad roe all encased in spring water and frozen solid. looks like more rain for us though so it may be a while before another good day

XD40FAN
04-12-2005, 15:52
Originally posted by el_jewapo
anybody been fishing much? i've only been a couple times. havn't caught much, the weather is always bad when i go.

Exactly. It will be nice all week and then Saturday/Sunday morning will be cold, dark, and windy. Almost without fail. :(

el_jewapo
04-12-2005, 20:41
Originally posted by XD40FAN
Exactly. It will be nice all week and then Saturday/Sunday morning will be cold, dark, and windy. Almost without fail. :(

yep, that's what's been going on here too. it will be easier once the days are a bit longer. i get off at 4:30 so there's plenty of time after work. i'll probably start going after work this week.

J.P.
04-13-2005, 00:40
Nipperwolf,
That's a damn nice brownie!

I've been fishing for Largemouth ans Spots about 4 days a week.
Been having great success over the last month.There doesn't seem to be an 'off' time right now,in Oklahoma.I *really* need to bring the camera.
Biggest catch this year is 6lb Largemouth and 4 3/4lb Spot.Not record breaking but I'm catching lots of quality fish.
I'm going to plan another trip to Missouri soon to bust some more Striper and Hybrids.

VolFan
04-13-2005, 14:37
Been catching quite a few rainbows in the Smokies over the last few weeks, but nothing of any real size.

I'm leaving with a group this afternoon to head your way to the Norfork/White Rivers...if any of us catch a braggin' size fish like that smallmouth, I'll be sure to post the picture!